Cay Da Da

Small restaurant cooking vegetarian Malaysian-Vietnamese fusion cuisine with dishes such as curry laksa, asam laksa, roti chanai, pho, bun rieu, and mi quang. Replaced the former Quan An Chay and is under different ownership. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese, Malaysian

First Review by veggiecravings

Great food! - Edit

Loved everything we chose here! The Hainanese Chkn, Lemongrass chkn, and roti were all amazing! And the staff were very friendly :) Only thing not vegan is their egg noodles the lady said.

Authentic South East Asian Vegetarian - Edit

I was visiting my family in Sydney and went to check out this restaurant in Cabramatta.

The food is absolutely amazing. It's totally authentic South East Asian cuisine. I'm a big fan of Malaysian food and it's so hard to find a vegetarian option outside of Malaysia. So, you could imagine my excitement when I finally find some place that makes it, and makes it right. This place does not disappoint at all!

A fellow reviewer, Mik Dee, has this to say about the Curry Laksa here..."a deliciously fragrant curry sauce with tender pieces of mock meat and fish accompanied by a zinging sambal and piquant pickled vegetables". Thank-you Mik, that sums up the dish perfectly. The flavor is just so intense and incredibly tasty, just like how I remember Malaysia food should be.

There's an appetizer called Satay Chicken. It's actually deep fried heirloom mushrooms and veggie protein on skewers with a side of refreshing cucumbers and peanut satay sauce. Absolutely love it!

The Asam Laksa is another one of my favorite Malaysian dishes. It's spicy noodle with fresh pineapple in a delicious tamarind base soup. The sweet and sour taste of the combined pineapple and tamarind is extremely appetizing. I feel like I can eat this every day!

Of course, there are the Vietnamese vegetarian options, which I like too. These are the classic pho, bun hue (spicy noodle soup), etc. etc. which many people are familiar with.

This is simply my favorite - probably the only - place to go to for a Malaysian vegetarian fix.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 12, 2016

Pros: Rare Malaysian vegetarian food, Authentic flavor, Friendly staff

Cons: The place is a little small

Return to Cabramatta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cay Da Da closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.