Cavoli Nostri

• ( 102 reviews )

Via Palepoli, 32, Naples, Italy, 80132

Est. 2015. Restaurant located close to the seafront. Presents dishes prepared with fresh organic produce. Has vegan wine. English translation on menu. Example of choices include dishes with potatoes and with seitan, bruschetta, fried fritters, spaghetti, lasagna, mushroom ravioli, vegan tiramisu and cheesecake. No longer using eggs as of Aug 2021.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in Italy require a Green Pass for indoor dining. Please review government regulations and call ahead to confirm rules and availability before dining. Open Mon-Sun 12:00-15:00, 19:00-00:00.

Categories: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine

First Review by experimental_setup

haibara

Points +603

05 Dec 2021

Vegan rest in Napoli

Vegan restaurant that offers typical Italian food. Everything was tasty, and the pasta was delicious!

Rria

Points +21

Vegetarian
03 Dec 2021

Phenomenal food!

The restaurant was in a really good location, just walking distance from the Galleria Umberto. We sat outside and had a decent view of the water (and Mt. Vesuvius in the distance!).
We ordered the greens, mushroom appetizer, jackfruit slider, truffle pasta and another pasta that had olives, tiramisu and pannacotta. Everything we ordered was fantastic, especially the mushrooms! It was easily the best meal we had in Italy (not just in Naples). The tiramisu was great and the pannacotta was nice (slightly dry but still good). The service was fantastic and we met the chef at the end just to let him know how much we appreciated the food. Highly recommended and not to be missed!!

Pros: Amazing food, Nice location, good service

Cons: absolutely nothing!

ukvegan

Points +58

29 Nov 2021

Great vegan restaurant

This was a great place to visit on our last night in Naples. The weather hasn’t been very kind but this place somewhat made up for that. This lovely restaurant is located on the seafront, it has quite a pleasant scenery, ambience and atmosphere. There’s both an attractive interior and exterior design. Very calming and quiet. The waiter who served us was great, he helped us work out the electronic menu, was attentive to our needs and wants, was kind, prompt and professional.

The menu is incredibly varied, lots of options to choose from. I went with the chips & dip tapas as a starter. I thought it would be French fries so was surprised when the waiter brought out crisps. But also intrigued. It worked well, the sauce was lovely (tasted like burger sauce). For my main I got the burrito. While I was mostly happy with it and polished my plate off I did notice the lack of vegan salami that was listed as an ingredient. Other than that I’d add a tad bit more seasoning to make it perfect and would probably blend the avocado to make a guac instead of having it sliced. And lastly I finished things off with the caramel cheesecake. This was ok. The soya “cream cheese” had an odd taste to it, not unpleasant just odd. However the base saved it. The base was really really good and the caramel sauce was nice too.

Overall I’m certainly satisfied with my visit and would certainly return to explore more of the menu. Any vegan in Naples should certainly visit.

Updated from previous review on 2021-11-29

Pros: Lots of options, Great service, Good food

napalm

Points +149

13 Nov 2021

Seitan so good !!

The seitan was really delicious, the pasta to. I recommand !

Pros: Delicious, Not so expensive

Cons: ?

tastyveg

Points +541

07 Nov 2021

Amazing pasta

We had the nerano pasta and the baked pasta. Both dishes were delicious. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: Everything

Chad_and_Emily

Points +1084

28 Oct 2021

Italian Gnocchi

Great outdoor dining with a view of Vesuvius on good weather days. I enjoyed the gnocchi and cheesecake.

Cons: Tap water not an option

hdeweyh

Points +76

20 Oct 2021

Beautiful vegan Italian

Really fantastic vegan food at mud range prices. We had a mixed appetizer plate with arancini, vegetable fritters. Gazpacho and crudités and tofu croquettes followed by the gnocchi with pesto and pasta with lemon arugula sauce. Everything was top notch quality- and as others have mentioned a beautiful site right on the water. I would definitely come back!

Mealeva

Points +374

02 Oct 2021

Liked but now dislike...

This restaurant used to be my favorite in napoli 3 years ago. Food was really amazingly tasty. So i kept coming back, for lunch and dinner. Then it started to change, i am not sure why, i thought perhaps they changed their chef because the food was not at all the same anymore. It was so banal and not tasty at all. I kept giving it a try but it is still not good.

Veganiesje

Points +84

16 Sep 2021

Amazing vegan pasta!

Beautiful place, great sitting area inside and outside. Really nice staff and.. All vegan menu with wonderful, wonderful vegan pasta dishes!! We were so happy. Everything looked delicious

Pros: All vegan menu, Nice restaurant

Cons: Hidden toilet door, haha, it's in the back😄

Dave_Landgraf-Cant

Points +34

11 Sep 2021

Great food in a superb location

We went here for lunch, having been 2 years ago on our honeymoon and were again deeply impressed. The staff were very friendly, the food was delicious and we had a great view of Vesuvius!

Pros: Completely vegan, Friendly staff, Great views

Cons: A lot of rum in the mojito!

carlyvegan

Points +160

07 Sep 2021

Amazing vegan place

Food was delicious . I recommend the lemon pasta and tiramisu and aubergine parmigiana

Pros: All vegan , Great food

alunisae

Points +2732

17 Aug 2021

delicious food and great seafront location

amazing food options and staff is helpful in assisting with choices. pasta dishes are incredible.

DanaShacham

Points +36

22 Jul 2021

Great place

My friend got the manila bowl and I got the grilled vegetables and the gnocchi. For dessert we shared the tiramisu and everything was very good.
The waiter was super nice and friendly even though he didn't speak much English. Also they didn't have a menu in English, which was a little annoying but the whole city is ill prepared for non Italian tourists so it's not only on them.

Pros: Big selection, tastes good, nice staff

Cons: No english menu

ksenia_seb

Points +50

06 Jul 2021

It's actually vegan

Wonderful place to chill and and enjoy delicious food. The menu is imaginative and you will want to come back to try it all. Everything we ordered was high quality in terms of taste and presentation.

Pros: Interesting and distinctive menu, Relaxing seating area with sea views , Staff speak great English

v1z0

Points +283

Herbivore
01 Jul 2021

Spero non chiuda mai

Non mi capita spesso di andare a Napoli, ma quando succede la tappa a Cavoli Nostri è d'obbligo! Qui si mangia magnificamente!

Stefano97

Points +249

02 Jun 2021

Simply fantastic

A restaurant that has absolutely not disappointed expectations and has also convinced all my non-veg friends. All the dishes tried were delicious and the location is splendid, overlooking the sea with a direct view of Vesuvius. I believe the prices are in line with others in the area

willtravelforfood

Points +310

28 Dec 2020

Dinner with a Vesuvius View

What a delight! A definite treat cost-wise, but this was a beautiful place to eat a fancy meal and look out on beautiful Italian scenery.

A special experience we'll always remember

itsmichaeldiego

Points +1466

25 Oct 2020

Maybe the best rest I’ve been in Italy

One of the best veg restaurant I’ve been in Italy so far.

Had the mousakka, the auburgine vegan meatballs and the auburgine crunchy deep fried sticks, all amazing and super tasty, the dishes also look amazing, it seems there’s a really good chef behind all this.

Im very sorry that they’re not fully vegan though, they’re soooo close!

Pros: Almost fully vegan, Only one item is not vegan

Cons: Sells “bio eggs” in their Kandui Bowl, Only one item is not vegan

ValeriaVitolo

Points +35

18 Sep 2020

Best place in Naples for a vegan meal

I loved eating here and my family did as well(not vegan!)
It is a small restaurant with outside tables, amazing furniture and deco.
Every ingredient is fresh, in season, produced in house (seitan, mopur, burger, dumplings...) and locally sourced.
It has not the usual menu vegan options, it goes from appetizers, pasta and main course, desserts.
If you are around naples YOU MUST GO THERE!

Pros: Large vegan options, Quality food

Cons: Constantly changing staff

samsamlouise

Points +147

18 Sep 2020

Avoid! (one star rating)

What a disgusting set of people behind the scenes of this restaurant!
The final visit was because it was near somewhere else that had vegan desserts. This visit was terrible and sent my autistic self into a spiral. We asked to sit inside, got declined as apparently "people had reserved" (btw no one came but one small group) I think they like to get people to sit outside to look busy. it never was busy - I can see why. First dish came (tapas) with guacamole and what I can only describe as popadoms. It was a let down to say the least. I am all for Indian food but with guacamole? We also had to wait and wait to ask for more popadoms which in the end my partner had to go and ask for. Trust me myself and my partner scooped the guac a fair bit.
Then the main course came out. My gyro was fine. My partners seitan ribs came and I looked at it and froze as i did not know if they were being serious. It was not a version of ribs at all. It was three small slices about a small palms worth - I am talking small. To the side was sauce running off the slate onto the table and 1 potato, plus not even half a sweetcorn cob. This was 10 euros. not worth it. Who do they think they are? Michelin star? not even close. The food does not match up, the waiters clothing and presentation does not, the service etc. I have eaten at pricey places. I eat out weekly (due to COVID not so much). When it comes to eating out and how I expect my food, I think by now I know what i am talking about. My partner went to send the food back and order a gyro then leave and not come back again. The "chef" started shouting and was offended by critique. Apparently to her, seitan is costly and it's worth the price. My partner ordered his gyro and sat back down. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. We were also told a manager would come out. Some old lady did but from far just stared at us both, then walked off. Not very nice to be stared at. We decided we will just leave as we'd had enough. We walked off slowly giving a chance for anyone to call us back. No one came out, no manager. We got threats of the police to come after my partner and I. Abusive and threatening messages through text (from a personal phone) on whatsapp. A call of abuse. Funny how they were so fast to call us but left us waiting and waiting and WAITING. How vile to act the way they did. We did not deserve this treatment. They also said they rely on money..but yet offered us a refund and free coffee..which one is it?

Pros: i can block numbers after threats, i do not have to return

Cons: overpriced basic food, abusive chef, laughable plated food look at photos on here

GiuseppeMoccia

Points +8

Non Veg
16 Sep 2020

Very good variety

This is a must for vegans in a town where you can't find many venues...Many options in the menu, though surprisingly no salad. My fav is the House Burger "Cavoli Nostri". Craft beer and small selection of Natural Wines...Enjoy.
Ps: Best Vegan Tiramisu, according to my wife.

vellagre

Points +172

14 Sep 2020

Good food

Everything was really good, from antipasti to deserts.

Totulip

Points +19

Vegetarian
18 Aug 2020

Strongly recommended

Food, location, and service are wonderful! There is a wide variety of vegan meals, I’m looking forward to going again to try different things! Simply delicious!

Csenuska

Points +76

12 Aug 2020

Amazing restaurant!!!

Delicious food with a Beautiful view to the Vesuvius!
If you are near Naples don’t hesitate to stop by.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff , Reasonable prices

CoClo

Points +22

10 Aug 2020

Highly recommend for quality vegan food!

Listened to the comment's recommendations for the limone pasta and wasn't disappointed. Very tasty and creamy. Cocktails are good too, also.. Vegan tiramisu. ❤️

brax14

Points +20

10 Aug 2020

Ottima esperienza

Menu completamente vegano con opzioni molto originali. Vista sul Vesuvio impagabile.

yaukorema

Points +34

05 Aug 2020

Muy bueno

Me ha encantado el sitio, es muy acogedor y tranquilo. La comida estaba muy buena y el trato genial.
Probamos varios platos y regresaremos a degustar los postres.

Pros: Muy Rico todo y muchas opciones sin gluten

Return to Naples Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cavoli Nostri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.