CLOSED: Cate de mi Corazon

Contact +5215544444768

Baja California 295, Hipodromo (at Nuevo Leon), Mexico City, Mexico, 06170

Vegetarian restaurant in Condesa neighborhood offering Mexican food with a focus on tacos; combines the traditional with the innovative. Breakfast includes mulata with plaintain, macademia nut cheese, traditional chilaquiles, coffee and fresh juices. Lunch and dinner include a signature tortilla soup, tacos with red mole hibiscus, traditional huitlacoche black mushroom with cheese, among others. Selection of beers, mezcal, tequila and liquors. Has Wi-Fi and is dog-friendly. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016. Open Mon 1:00pm-10:00pm, Tue-Sat 8:30am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by veganvixenamy

Fantastic - Edit

We had a wonderful meal last night. The service is excellent and the food amazing. We had tortilla soup and the creviche to start. Both very good. I have never had the non vegan version of creviche but I can say this version is really good. We shared the fajitas to save room for dessert. The portions are large for one person, sharing let's you have an appy and dessert without being stuffed. Carrot cake was really good with just the right amount of sweet icing. I had a nice mexcal cocktail and the craft beer selection is good. The owner was kind enough to send us up the street to the Beer Bank to look for more amazing beer.

Pros: Great food

Best vegan chocolate mousse ever!!! - Edit

I went for lunch at Cate de mi Corazon with my business partner when in Mexico City for a wedding, short but sweet! It's a vegetarian place with lots of vegan options (look for the heart on the menu that indicates that the dish is vegan). We had nachos with no cheese (the cheese is vegan but they were out of it which is fine, I prefer it that way anyway!), a delicious avocado and grapefruit salad, I had a green taco and my friend had a soy meat traditional taco. We shared the portobello mushroom main course which was two portobello mushroom hats stuffed with loads of grilled veggies on a bed of sweet potato puree. For dessert we had the only vegan option, which was a super delicious option!!! Mexican chocolate mousse with walnuts and strawberries, yum!!! I also had a green juice. I enjoyed all of the food very much! Out of all the places I tried while in Mexico City, Cate de mi Corazon was my favorite!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 09, 2015

Pros: Yummy food, Perfect portion sizes, Cute retro serving plates & cups

Cons: Perhaps a few more vegan dessert option?

Deliciosas preparaciones - Edit

Los tacos realmente son muy buenos, y las sopas también, la atención y el ambiente son muy agradables. Tienen cervezas nacionales por si tomas alcohol. Empezó con un menú muy tradicional y ahora tiene muchísimas opciones.

Pros: Sabor, Ubicacion, Variedad

Cons: Precios

Recommendable - Edit

If you want creamy and filling typical mexican food I recommend this fully vegetarian restaurant. There's quite a variety of vegan options and even one dessert made of tofu.

Pros: location, variety

Cons: missing vegan desserts

A great place in Condesa neighborhood - Edit

We ordered the vegan nachos and loved the "cheese". Also got the Burning Red, Spicy Green, and Mulatas -- liked them all but they were a little too spicy for us. Staff was pleasant. Their "water of the day" had free refills.

Pros: Good food, English menus -- ask for them!, Pretty outdoor seating

Cons: Maybe a little spicy for American taste, Very little indoor seating, A busy street + they played loud music

Excellent little place - Edit

Nice decoration and very friendly ambiance and staff for this little gem in Mexico city.
They have quite a lot of choice but not that much for vegans.
However, we had a delicious nachos plate with a cheese-like sauce very yummy.
Our tacos were a bit small but very good. Also, the food is fresh and tasty.
We also had a good time just chilling out in this place that looks much better than in the pictures. Nice music too.

Pros: Cool place, Tasty and fresh food , Attention to details in decoration

Cons: Not a whole lot of vegan options

Pretty good - Edit

We tried two vegan breakfast tacos. The portions could stand to be a bit bigger - 4 rather than 3 would be more satisfying. We liked but did not love it. If this restaurant was in the US or Australia we would have given it a 3, but it gets a bonus point for being a veg location in Mexico.

Muy muy rico! - Edit

Cate de mi Corazon is another place if I want to meet a friend for lunch while at work. It may seem a bit pricey but this isn't a cheap neighbourhood and one for middle class Mexicans and non Mexicans with a professional job. Having said that, you see that the tortillas are hand made, they use locally sourced ingrediants, efficient service and a crazy amount of options for both vegetarians and vegans it does justify the costs. I love taking my friends there. My omni (Mexican) boyfriend loved it. My omni best mate said the lentil soup and chorizo tacos were to die for. If you need a tipple, they have a good selection of Mexican artisanal beer and organic mezcal too which is really really good!

Pros: Lovely food, Supports local economy, Creative dishes

Cons: English menu can be confusing, Could open later

Nice Vegan Friendly Spot - Edit

This place was good in terms of offering good tasting vegan taco options. They offer English language menu's which is helpful and the staff and space are very nice. The portions are quite small. My husband and I needed 5 tacos each in order to feel satisfied and the prices are a bit on the high side for Mexico City.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, English Menu Available, Good Food

Cons: Pricey, Desserts

Nice small place - Edit

This place is a nice, small place. A bit hard to find, but look a bit and it's there. =)

It's in the Condesa neighborhood which is super nice. The place itself is very cute and quaint. However, so is the food. Very small portions (my husband and I had to order 5 tacos each to be full). They had a good menu though and they spoke English to others in the restaurant and had English menus. Also they clearly marked the vegan options.

Probably the highest priced place, for the food size, that we went to in Mexico City.

Felt the food was very good, but Pan Comido was better food and better bang for your buck.

Pros: Good vegan options, Decent service, Decent food

Cons: Small place, Small serving sizes, A bit pricey

i thought i was in San Francisco - Edit

Everything; from the water of the day to our dessert, was absolutely delicious. Even though the space is small, even though the menu is Taco oriented, if you love food you must go; you will not be disappointed.
If not for the very reasonable prices (about 250 pesos for two) it is easy to imagine Cate de mi Corazon as a destination spot in SF, Williamsburg or as a food truck in Austin.
One regret: we only had time to eat here twice on our most recent visit to Mexico City.

Pros: delicious food, great wait staff, price

Cons: not a con- but it is rather small

THIS is my favorite place for vegan mexican food in Mexico! - Edit

Went here tonight with friends. Ordered a salad to share to start us off. Then we each got tacos. I ended up ordering three tacos because they are small and scrumptious, my friend ended up ordering six tacos. My friend had been searching mexico city for a place that serves mexican cinnamon spiced coffee, we were delighted to find it here--and it was so good! We went all out and also ordered the two vegan desserts: these caramel pecan spiced tacos and the mayan spiced mousse. Both were excellent! Along with our meal we were served mint watermelon water which was refreshing. The owner came and checked on us asking how our food was, excellent service. We walked 40 minutes to get there but it was so worth it! Highly reccomended!

Pros: organic, fresh, mostly vegan, authentic mexican food, DELICIOUS

Cons: so good you get a "food baby"

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cate de mi Corazon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2599 times since Jan 2014.