CatBar

• Friend
Contact 932956815

Boria 17 (at Laietana, Metro Jaume 1), Barcelona, Spain, 08003

Cat-themed craft beer and burger bar with 9 taps and 30+ bottles of local Catalan & Spanish beers. Serves a selection of vegan burgers, double deep fried potatoes and a daily wheat-free plate. Please order at the bar. A piano is available for anyone who can play. NO reservations taken. No air-con. Directions: on Via Laietana going inland take next street on right after c/Princesa (at c/Boria 17, street renames itself to c/Carders after 100 meters). Open Mon 1:00pm-11:00pm, Thu-Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by A.Z.P.

Best burgers I've ever had - Edit

This place specialises in local craft beer and burgers.
Hands down the best burgers we've ever had, hence why we returned for lunch the next day to try another one! The patatas are also delicious with a seriously tasty sauce on them.
There is an English menu and you order by crossing off what you want on a sheet of paper.
Wish they did dessert too, but you cant have everything!

Pros: 100 % vegan, AMAZING burgers.

Best Burgers in Barcelona - Edit

Wie tried different Burgers. All have been very tasty and juicy. The sauces are great and also the seasoning of the potatoes. Oh and hummus is great (with loads of garlic).
At least 8 varieties of Beer. And the Service was good in explaining everything.
Its a small and cozy Bar I would really recommend to visit Ehen in Berlin.

Pros: all vegan, good beer , juicy burgers

best vegan burgers in town! - Edit

I love this place you can order from 6 different types of vegan burgers, the one I like the most is the Crazy!it come with patatas bravas with a delicious graving on them. the beer is great you have a lot of choices, we always come back to eat more.

Pros: different kind of burgers to choose from

Cons: can't find

bueno pero caro - Edit

el lugar tiene mucho estilo, la mesera chilena excelente y muy guapa por lo demás. lo que más me gustó fue las papas bravas y la hamburguesa tb estaba buena. pero lo mejor es el estilo gatuno.

Pros: estilo y papas

Cons: caro y poca variedad

Incredibly yummy - Edit

The burgers here are among the absolute best I've tasted. You can get them with or without bread and they have amazing sauces on them and other yummy toppings, the burgers are served with patatas bravas which are sinfully good and also with sauce and then there's the beer. Vegan craft beers, many options, among them gluten-free options. The atmosphere is cool and laid-back, cats painted on the walls. There are mostly burgers here but there's also a dish of the day which is free from soy and gluten.

Pros: Incredibly yummy burgers and patatas and sauces, Incredibly yummy craft beers, vegan certified, All vegan and cool

Cons: Not really health food, All of the burgers contain soy, Small and crowded

Amazing burgers and good vibes - Edit

Best burgers in Barcelona, cozy setting and friendly staff. Whenever I want to treat myself with a delicious burger, CatBar is the obvious choice. They have several mouthwatering options and the price is reasonable. Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious food , Good value, Big burgers

Great burgers, great atmosphere - Edit

We loved our visit to CatBar, from the cat decorations to the beer to the burgers. We had the Champion burger, which was great, and the Black Cat burger, which was even better. A totally enjoyable dinner.

My Favourite Vegan Food EVER! - Edit

We (my vegetarian Mama) and myself absolutely loved Barcelona and definitely CatBar. We walked here three times to eat during our 5 day stay. The food was mouthwatering delicious and so difficult to choose from the great menu. The service was incredible and the location purr-fection. I would go back to Barcelona just to eat at CatBar. The prices were incredible and the space had a nice easy vibe to it. My favourite by far was the seitan shepherds pie - my mouth still waters whenever I think about it.

Pros: Great location., Very welcoming to travellers., mouthwatering vegan comfort food.

Yummy food! - Edit

Wow, this place was definitely made for the crazy cat lady I am!
The food is really good and I think I tasted the best "patatas bravas" I'v ever eaten in my whole life!
Staff is really cool; the only negative point is that it can quickly get crowded as you have to order your food yourself at the bar.

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Great food, Non expensive

Cons: Service

good food but dirty place - Edit

I really do love dogs but I'm allergic and don't like it when there walking around when I'm eating. And there were all kinds of rules..? NO DRINKING AT THE BAR, NO GROUPS BIGGER THAN 6 PEOPLE.. And we tried almost all the beers and no one seemed to like them. But my burger patatas and the hummus tasted really great!!!

CatBarCat 01 Jan 2017 - CATBAR IS VERY SMALL AND NARROW, our biggest table holds 6 people, so we have a sign that says so, this is because trying to get large groups out after entering, is much harder than stopping them at the door, as they always say "We can stand", ignoring the fact that there is a maximum number allowed in the premises for safety reasons.
If people drank at the bar then no-one else would be able to get near to taste the beers, and if they didn't taste them, they could buy something they didn't like. We serve craft beer with a variety of styles, all with different flavours, all vegan, not watery coloured water that passes for beer in most bars, (we know some people like flavourless beer and there are 3000 other bars that can serve it to you, but their are only about 40 that serve hand made real beer, we were the 4rd).
Also, no-one would be able to get past to go the toilets or to have their food delivered to their table, the signs are because many people only think of themselves.
Dogs are normally kept to the front part of the bar, if you had said something we would have but you on a table away from them.

Really enjoyed - Edit

My boyf and I popped in for a quick drink and snack.
We got the crazy burger with potatoes. It was really good I don't really have any down sides to it. I got rooibos tea with it and he got wheat beer.
The place has a really nice alternative vibe to it and the art on the walls are pretty entertaining.

Pros: Great burger, Great vibe

Cool for Cats - Edit

We only visited here for drinks but given more time we would have loved to have sampled some of the burgers on offer. The menu is small, simple but effective, so if you are expecting fine vegan dining you best go somewhere else. If like me you like a bar full of character, loads of craft beers and great music than this is the place for you. I can imagine this place buzzing on the night time and would live to comeback one day to experience it. As we didn't get any food here I can't really give any higher than 3* but the food we did see other customers eat looked very tasty.

Pros: Vegan beers and food, Nice vibe, Friendly staff

Cons: May not appeal to everyone

CatBarCat 01 Jan 2017 - Thank you for the review, please try the Burgers next time.
But the "Cons: May not appeal to everyone" could a Pro!
We have no intension of appealing to everyone, otherwise we would be the same as the hotel bars and all bars on the main streets, there are enough options to suit all vegan and craft beer drinkers in Barcelona now, from clinical to scruffy, cheap to expensive, having a choice is good...

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CatBar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.