CassellBella's Bakery Cafe

Contact 03-94863892

371a High St , Northcote, Victoria, 3070

Serves meat, vegan options available. Est. 2016 by a husband & wife team. Makes wood-fired pizza, including vegan pizzas with varieties of vegan cheeses and ingredients like mock meats. Two vegan pizzas sold for $35 as of Sep 2016. Also sells vegan pastries and has vegan brunch options. Open Mon 8:00am-5:00pm, Wed 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Take-out, Bakery, Catering, European, Non-veg

First Review by Dancingqueen

Gold Stars - Edit

This eatery has so much on offer for Vegans. There's 3-4 breakfast options, including much sought-after pancakes, a dedicated pizza menu, a good selection of pasties, quiche, sweets and slices, hamburgers, focaccias, and a deli fridge for take home vegan cheeses and mock meats.

We enjoyed a roasted vegetable pizza and sampled a few tasty pasties and quiche on our first visit. The pizza base would have benefited from a slightly longer baking but the toppings were very good. We are keen to revisit and sample some of the other offerings soon.

The best vegan pizza in town - Edit

EDIT: Have now raised price for vegan pizza - two vegan pizzas is now $35 which sucks because two non-vegan pizzas are still $25. So now it's about on-par with Eat Pizza who charge a lot more for mock meat and vegan cheese.

This place has recently decided to add a lot of vegan options and I couldn't be more impressed! They have a vegan pizza menu (all woodfired pizza), vegan pastries clearly labelled and vegan brunch options like vegan pancakes. They also have some vegan cheese and mockmeats you can't usually get like bocconcini cheese.

I came here as a group of three. We got the banana walnut pancakes, meatlovers pizza and Hawaiian pizza (all vegan of course). The pancakes were incredible, they had a delicious creamy on top and it was a decent serving size so we all had a bite.

The meatlovers pizza was sooo good. Woodfired pizza always tastes amazing and the base was so fresh. They use a spicy chorizo sausage which is hard to find as a vegan. The Hawaiian pizza was delicious too! Two pizzas are $25 which was very reasonable because even between the three of us we had leftovers to take home.

Staff are lovely, very keen to get vegan customers. Wand to try the vegan pasties some time! Will definitely be back. I only wish they did dinner because I have been craving this pizza ever since!

Would give it five stars if I could but the max rating for a non-veg place is 4 stars.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-28

Pros: Best pizza ever, Heaps of vegan cheeses and mockmeats, Plus tasty pancakes!

Cons: Would love it if they served dinner

Return to Northcote Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CassellBella's Bakery Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.