• Casita Taqueria

Ovo
Mexican
Honey
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taqueria serving tacos, bowls, soups, salads, and other casual Mexican fare. Offers several vegetarian items that can be made vegan upon request by excluding dairy. Protein options include tempeh and vegetarian black beans. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm. Closed Sun.

Venue map for Casita Taqueria
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by mcjjeannie

VictorBufano

Points +16

11 Sep 2022

Best place in town

That other one star review nearly gave me an aneurysm so I felt I needed to submit my own to cancel it out. You can get a whole bowl with rice, beans, tempeh, and guac for less than $9. That other person said it was expensive, but guac comes free with a bowl here so that's simply wrong. It's always been delicious, they have delicious sauces, and everyone that works there is very nice

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-30

Pros: Delicious, High protein, Inexpensive

Cons: Literally none

GH520

Points +28

28 Nov 2020

Been going here for years...Disappointed!

I am a St. Pete native and have been a customer of casita for years and have recommended it to many friends, but last night was the last time I will go there. I normally would order when I got to the counter, but with the pandemic I decided to order to pick up. When I went online to see the menu the “order online” menu kept popping up and interrupted my place where I was at on the menu, so I just used that. The menu doesn’t accurately describe the food items available. I ordered 2 orders of flautas - one tempeh and one veggie and clicked no crema and 2 tacos - one tempeh and one brussel sprout with no crema. When I got home, the flautas had cheese in them and so did the tacos! It was almost 9 by then, so they were about to close. I called and spoke to the manager and they refunded me for their mistake, but they kept my tip I guess because somehow the salsa, guacamole, and chips came out to be $13.29?? They didn’t offer to replace my order either, so I was left without my money the rest of the night and nowhere to order from because St. Pete closes down at 9 if you don’t eat tortured animal products. This place is EXPENSIVE and they charge all these extra fees for basic things like a pinch of cilantro or a tiny tub of salsa verde which should be free. Single tacos should never cost 4 dollars a piece. It’s mostly cabbage anyway. I won’t be going back.

mcjjeannie

Points +305

29 Apr 2020

Tempeh tacos are good

They serve tempeh street tacos which can be made vegan by asking for no cheese. They are super tasty! Other veg options include the vegetarian black bean bowl, verduras (veggie) tacos, and Beyond meat tacos. Sometimes they have veggie specials, such as crispy brussel sprout tacos or fried avocado tacos.

Updated from previous review on 2019-07-04

haileyflt

Points +357

16 Feb 2020

So fresh an yummy

I love this place cause it’s fast filling and yummy! I’m never disappointed when I go here!🤩

Pros: Vegan options , Meat alternatives , Friendly staff

This page has been viewed 1945 times.