First Review by julieoz

I Didn't Love it. - Edit

I wanted to love it. I really, truly did. I ordered the Raspberry Vanilla Swirl; I was so excited to dig in! I was so disappointed after the first taste, so I tried a few more, but I could not shake the fact that this ice cream tasted like bacon! I thought I was tripping... I had my travel partner try it and she said the same thing; it tastes like bacon! (Mind you, I haven't had bacon since I was a small child.) It was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I could not finish it and no one else wanted it so we threw it away. I love the So Delicious cashew flavor, so the cashew isn't the issue. Maybe it was an old batch? Not sure, but I will go back (the next time I visit Tucson) and try another flavor just to make sure.

Aside from the bacon-flavored ice cream, the employees were inattentive. A lady, who looked as if she could be a manager or owner, kept talking to the younger employee while she was trying to assist me; she never acknowledged me as a customer. That was off-putting. Again, maybe it was an off day, so I'll give them another shot and I will update accordingly.

A vegan ice cream parlour in Tucson? Heck yeah! - Edit

This place is amazing. Sweet? Yes. Health food? Well...not necessarily, but we all have a sweet tooth once in a while, right? My favorite is the salted caramel, but they don't always have it. My favorite that they usually DO have: kahlua almond fudge. DIVINE.

Strong cashew flavor in all flavors - Edit

As vegans who love ice cream, we are thrilled that this place exists! Know that every flavor has a strong cashew undertone. If you like this, then you will love this place. I have my fingers crossed that they'll add a variety of bases as well as flavors as they grow.

Pros: 100% vegan, Lots of flavors (all cashew-based)

Cons: All cashew-based

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cashew Cow closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 880 times since Jan 2015.