Casa Veche

• ( 5 reviews )

Sextil Puscariu Nr 1 (at Vasile Goldiș), Cluj-napoca, Romania

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Romanian restaurant located in historic down-town. Offers vegan options including bruschetta, garlic bread, soups, salad, pasta dishes and more. Open Mon-Thu 09:00-23:00, Fri 09:00-00:00, Sat 10:00-00:00, Sun 10:00-23:00.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, European, Honey, Romanian, Non-veg

First Review by TFM

Ankvdw

Points +22

Vegetarian
30 Sep 2019

Terrible staff

From the Vega menu they had only 2 choices available. Staff was beyond rude and did not want to serve food??!
Food was mediocre.

Pros: There was Vega food.

Cons: Little choice, Terrible staff

AmyVCaroline

Points +1845

16 May 2019

Vegan options labelled

Allergens/menu clearly labelled.

Pros: Outdoor seating

SinzianaK

Points +304

07 Oct 2018

Good but not worth the expense

Staff were nice, the food was tasty but nothing special. The carrot and tomato soup was really nice but I wouldn’t go again in a hurry.

TatiCris

Points +183

05 Sep 2018

Great place to try out vegan Romanian cuisine

This place has great Romanian dishes, some of which are vegan. The coverage is good across. For apperizers, two traditional spreads: "zacusca" and "salata de vinete".

The "ciorba de legume" is my favourite soup, featuring green beans, which are both yummy and high in protein.

Also worth trying is the "sarmale cu ciuperci" a vegan version of the classic stuffed cabbage.

For dessert ask for the chestnut puree without the cream.

Pros: Vegan coverage of all the food types

Cons: Sometimes it gets busy

TFM

Points +50

Vegetarian
08 Mar 2018

O.K. wouldn’t recommend

I attended during the day when the staff were taking a smoke break outside, when I walked in there seemed to be a reluctance to serve me (perhaps based on my appearance, given it was a fancy place and I was dressed in travelling/hiking clothes). They allowed me to choose whenever I wanted to sit, as I was the only one in the restaurant. The menu was primarily composed of meat dishes and the service was alright. The staff was loud watching a YouTube video by the kitchen/bar area and when it came to paying, I happen to be on the phone and my credit card was in front of me on my wallet when the server grabbed my credit card and tapped it with out asking with I was ready or following up about the meal. I had wanted to insert my card not have it tapped but he did it before I had a chance to stop him. As for the food, I had vegetable sour soup, it was quite tasty, along with garlic bread and tea. The food was good if the limited selection appeals to you and the decor/paintings around the restaurant space were visually appealing, however, due to the service I won’t be returning, nor recommending it to others.

Pros: Food, Decor

Cons: Service/Staff

Return to Cluj-napoca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Veche closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.