Casa Mia

+44-1387269619

53 Nunholm Rd, Dumfries, Scotland, DG1 1JW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean style restaurant in an upmarket setting. Has a vegan menu with around three mains, three starters, and two desserts. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by craigmc

Casa Mia, Dumfries - Edit

Tasty food. As per what the previous reviewer says it isn't a place for a budget bargain hunter. It's a while since I've been but based on the interesting info in the previous review I am interested in revisiting.

Pros: vegan friendly

Cons: All vegan is always better of course

nice find - Edit

I had tried to visit Hullabaloo only to find its evening opening hours were summer reliant.
I always look for italian or indian as my fall back and although Casa Mia suggests mediterranean cuise, there was enought pasta to suggest italian influence.
on arrival i asked to look at the menu as i was vegan. i was delighted when the staff member said "i'll just get you the vegan menu". Hurrah
although not large it gave me confidence that they knew their market, tghe menu had three starters and three mains and a couple of deserts (which i think were fruit,
They gave me some bread initially and replaced the nbutter with olive oil and balsamic. I opted for garlic mushrooms on toast (and salad) which wa a decent size portion and was very tasty. My main was linguine with cherry tomato, radicchio, mushroom and onion in an olive oil. it was great plenty of veg and lef me stuffed but feeling i had managed to eat something healthy.
the staff were nice and if you are in Dumfries i think you should give it a try.

Pros: vegan menu, staff, food

Cons: a 20 minute walk from town,

Stevie 06 Mar 2017 - Hi Craig,

This is very useful info. Thank you very much. I've been given vegan food at Casa Mia on request before at Casa Mia. This though seems though have moved on since then.

Thanks for this all the great stuff you do to encourage veganism.

Keep well, Stevie

Return to Dumfries Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Mia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.