Casa Mexicana - Food Truck

n/a

Front St, Bangor, Maine, USA, 04401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taco truck with 2 vegan choices: mushroom onion and tofu fajitas. Self serve salsa bar with pico de gallo, salsa verde, and hot chili oil. Hand made taco shells. Check its webpage for location & time changes. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Mexican, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by NorthernStar

friendly, yummy and quick - Edit

I think I found a new favorite place to eat. The food is delicious, the staff is amazing and the food is made very quick. I recommend calling before hand to see if they're open and to see what vegan options they're serving for the day. The owner told me that he will now be serving the tofu option everyday of the week and that he on and off serves the mushroom fajitas. He was even kind enough to offer to make them next week for me :) I really appreciate how informed he is about veganism as well. He made sure to let me know the spicy salsa had lard in it and therefore was not vegan. The fajitas are tiny but delicious and if you order atleast 3 fajitas you get a free drink! The options were coke, sprite, rootbeer and water! I definitely recommend stopping by atleast once and supporting this lovely food truck and the vegan option they provide

Fresh Vegan Tacos - Edit

While at the Bangor Waterfront for an event I stumbled onto this new owner-operated food truck. The fillings and the taco shells are fresh and homemade with great flavor! I'm a vegetarian and usually have cheese on my Mexican food, but the tacos came vegan and I left them that way: so delicious, no cheese needed!

The owner was very helpful and when he learned I am not fond of bell peppers (in the tofu fajitas) he encouraged me to add tofu to the chunky and succulent mushroom and onion taco at no additional charge. The condiment bar is great; you can load up on whatever you like: salsa verde, pico de gallo, hot chili oil, sour cream (non-vegan), etc. Gluten-free taco shells are also available.

There is a cluster of food trucks between the Sea Dog Brewing Company at 26 Front St and the major event stage which is downriver at the other end of the park. I would check the Facebook page to confirm what vegan tacos are offered that day, as I believe the flavors do rotate. The owner is very responsive and service oriented, however, so speak up and I think the vegan offerings will continue to grow!

Pros: Great vegan flavors, Freshly prepared, Beautiful setting in park by the river, Friendly owner-operated local business

Cons: Will close in the winter!, Drinks are limited to mainstream sodas

Return to Bangor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Mexicana - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.