CLOSED: Casa Metta

• Hotel B&B

506-2266-1635

150 meters norte de la Escuela de San Miguel, Heredia Province, San Jose De La Montana, Costa Rica

Mountain villa offering healthy cooking classes, comfortable rooms to rent, gardens and breathtaking views in San Jose de la Montana de Barva, Heredia. Enjoy peace, hiking, healthy food, communing with nature in the "Little Switzerland" region of Costa Rica. A cooler climate with a solar heated saltwater pool and aromatherapy treatments. SHUT DOWN APRIL 2012 PER OWNER.

First Review by emilyanneaston

Relaxing, educational, fun! - Edit

Just returned from a week long vegan cooking school at Casa Metta. We had the best time. Our lodging, a 'container house' was comfortable, clean and pretty. We enhanced our vegan culinary skills during cooking classes and ate like kings - vegan kings that is. We cooked and ate traditional Costa Rican fare, Mexican, Fusion and more. Our hosts seemed like old friends as we enjoyed the fruits (no pun) of our labors around the dinner table. Oh, and the companion dogs and chickens were neat too!

Pros: beautiful setting, welcoming hosts, cooking classes

Cons: our time at Casa Metta was too short

Heaven on a hill - Edit

Casa Metta is a gorgeous hideaway with fantastic views, breathtaking gardens, and a warm and welcoming environment. All my time spent there has been wonderfully relaxing and the food cooked by Wendy and Erich is exquisite. I could not recommend a better place for people to stay in the area, and the pura vida environment is one I would love to share with all my friends and loved ones.

Pros: beautiful atmosphere, healthy cuisine, friendly family people

Cons: not within walking distance to a city

Has CLOSED: Casa Metta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.