Casa da Pamonha

Contact 3233-1028

Rua Barroso, 375 Centro, Manaus (at Praca Sao Sebastio, Teatro Amazonas), Manaus, Brazil,

Reported 100% vegetarian in December 2016. Food is typical of many vegetarian-vegan restaurants in Brazil. Offers vegan options like seitan, jackfruit stir-fry, feijoada, bolognese, burgers, etc. Just off main square where the famed Teatro Amazonas is located, approximately 100 metres away where Rua Barroso opens half way along the square on the south side. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm, Sat 7:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Buffet

First Review by emilc

Simple and pleasent - Edit

I went there for lunch almost every they I spent in Manaus, it's the only vegetarian restaurant I could find, but that's not the only reason why I'd recommend this place. More or less 1/3 of the hot dishes were suitable for vegans, and everything I tried was really tasty. They don't label the dishes but the staff was very kind on showing me the vegan options. Ask if they have the vegan banana cake (wich looks more like a pie) for dessert, and if you go there just for a snack order a tapioca filled with "tucum√£" (with no butter).

Pros: cheap, friendly staff

Cons: don't label the dishes

cheap and tasty - Edit

We went for the vegetarian lunch to casa de pamonha and quite enjoyed the food. It was a per kg place, typical for Brazil, and there was a decent amount of dishes to choose from. The food was tasty and a nice change from the typical brazilian faire of beans and rice. Most dishes looked vegan to me but better to ask the staff to be sure. There was also tasty cakes and juices on offer. Please note that only the lunch is vegetarian!

Mediocre but few alternatives - Edit

I came here for the vegetarian lunch buffet, as there are very few other veg*n food places around. The venue was very clean and tranquil with a relaxed atmosphere, but sadly there is very little I can say positively about the food. Everything was really bland and mediocre with limited vegan options, and I had some difficulty explaining to the staff what vegans do and don't eat, even though I speak some Portuguese. The juice was bland and flavourless too. I appreciate that there are very few alternatives in this city, but I was still disappointed with their efforts.

Pros: Nice, clean space, Lack of other options

Cons: Mediocre food and drink, Don't know what vegan means

100% vegetarian lunch buffet - Edit

The "100% vegetarian" applies only to the lunch buffet, but I'm afraid this info is displayed in Portuguese only. They do have vegan options from texturized soy protein to seitan and also lacto-vegetarian meals (I am not sure about eggs). Very convenient location.

Pros: Cozy atmosphere, Convenient location, Good value

Confused... - Edit

This place, located right off a main square in Manaus, claims "100% Vegetarian" on its sign outside. We went in for dinner, and... there were items such as "turkey ham and cheese sandwich" on the menu. Most of the 'vegetarian' items on them menu were not available. When I conformted the only server who spoke some English, who was helpful, he claimed that '99%' of their items were vegetarian. I'd say that number is waaaay lower. Most items had cheese or other dairy. I did find a pretty tasty veggie burger, however. I had to ask for no cheese, however.

It's sad that this is the only 'veggie' listing in Manaus... which isn't even that veggie, really. I mean, the food was decent, but it's not like I could even try most of it. Perhaps their lunch is better? I'd like to hear from other members.

Pros: Charming interior, Friendly staff

Cons: Hardly any vegan food, Serves meat, Don't knwo what 'vegetarian' means

Return to Manaus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa da Pamonha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.