Casa Chiquita Pizza

Serves meat, vegan options available. Wood fired pizza restaurant within a guesthouse, opened in early-2014. Small menu, only one vegan pizza (without cheese). Its rooftop terrace offers a view of the San Miguel rooftops. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by cmbarber

Fabulous food with great pizza - Edit

I wanted to correct an error in my review of 9/14. We were recently in San Miguel (7/15) and were excited to return to Casa Chiquita. Upon inquiring about their vegan options (we always make sure!), the staff graciously told us that there IS honey in the crust. The chef told us that he would make us a vegan crust in a few days. We gave him our email address, and emailed them several days later, but no response to the vegan crust. Cudos for being honest. We were sorry we couldn't partake. We also did not want others to be misled by my previous review.

9/14Great wood fire pizza. Not many selections (they just serve pizza!), but the veggie (without cheese) was fabulous. Pizza oven and carry out are at the entry of the Casa Chiquita hotel. If you decide to stay and eat there - which you should, if you can - you travel up three flights of stairs to the rooftop where there are three tables and some adirondack chairs, a pond, and beautiful garden area. The view of the Parroquia, rooftops and surrounding countryside is a spectacular backdrop for delicious fare. If you go in the evening, be sure to bring an extra layer - it can get chilly! Would give 5 stars if they didn't serve meat.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 24, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, Beautiful view, Excellent food and value

Cons: Stairs could be a problem for some, No vegan crust

Return to San Miguel De Allende Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Chiquita Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.