Casa Cacao

664-215-6565

Calle 2da 8172 (at Revolucion), Tijuana, Mexico, 22000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves organic pre-Hispanic food. Can make vegan hot chocolate with water, vegan tamales with vegan mole and vegan refried beans. Has organic coffee, a number of vegan sweets, and many different artisanal products. Makes vegan smoothies with cacao and has natural vegan drinks. Owners speak English and understand veganism. Please tell them you are vegan when you enter. Open Mon-Sat 8:30am-8:00pm, Sun 10:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Mexican, Catering, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by Foodpilgrim

Love This Restaurant - Edit

This restaurant has more than doubled in size since I came here about a year ago and added it to HappyCow. The restaurant has such a warm feeling inside, with artisinal local products on the walls and beautiful art throughout.

I just tell them I am vegan, and they bring me delicious food.

This time, the super sweet owners brought me a corn tamale, a fantastic gordita (a Mexican thin bread sandwich filled with veggies), and an awesome thin crust vegan pizza with veggies.

Although your vegan choices may be limited, vegan food is not always so easy to find in TJ, so this restaurant has been a great addition to Tijuana's veg-friendly scene.

They also have wifi.

Pros: delicious artisinal vegan food, beautiful presentation

chocolate and coffee heaven - Edit

Not much to eat, but the owners are very accommodating, and always prepare a vegan crisp/pizza for us, on a blue tortilla. Their coffee beans however are fantastic. We always buy several pounds to last us a few months. Their chocolates are of excellent quality. I still don't know if their mole pastes contain any animal fat?I shall ask next time, as I improve my Spanish?

Pros: very kind staff, variety of coffee beans and chocolates, Oaxacan products!

Cons: wish to have more vegan food choices

Return to Tijuana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Cacao closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.