Cartems Donuterie

• Bakery Bakery
Contact 778-708-0996

534 W Pender St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6B1V3

Doughnut shop in downtown. Offers a daily vegan earl grey doughnut, as well as rotating selection of other vegan flavors. Also has gluten free, coffee and tea. Modern, upbeat atmosphere. Open Mon 8:00am-8:00pm, Tue 8:00am-6:00pm, Wed-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri 8:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 12:00am-10:00am, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by vegan frog

Decadent treats - Edit

I went out of my way to visit Cartems Donuterie while I was in Vancouver, and I'm really glad that I did! I had a cup of coffee and a maple walnut doughnut. The doughnut was perfect - both salty and sweet with a hint of smokiness. My only regret is that there isn't a Cartems where I live! I would have loved to have tried more kinds.

Pros: Easy to find, Good selection of vegan doughnuts

Cons: A little bit expensive

Great vegan donuts! - Edit

Popped in on 9/6/16 to have a look at the vegan donuts. Staff were very helpful in pointing out the vegan options, of which I tried the earl grey, Apple and vanilla flavoured ones (forgotten correct names). The vanilla one, covered in a glaze, is so good and for anyone who has tried Krispy Kreme donuts it is very similar to their original glazed donut in my opinion! Definitely worth a visit, with fair prices at around $3.25 and you can buy the donut mix!

Pros: price , friendly staff, options

Great service+vegan donuts, what else you'd need - Edit

Went there twice, people working there were really nice and friendly. Both times had different daily specials...so far tried eight flavors, and all were pretty good. Smoked walnut/maple one maybe being favorite. Only one we didn't like that much was apple fritter, as it has too much oil in it (maybe it is better when fresh, we came very late in the evening).
Would give five stars if it was all-vegan :)

Pros: good selection of vegan donuts, friendly staff

Cons: a bit pricey

For those donut or pastry craving days! - Edit

A colleague of mine brought a dozen donuts to work for my birthday and made sure they were vegan. Everyone had to admit the donuts were at least as good as any "normal" donut they had tried before.

There were at least 8 vegan options in the box. About half of them were gluten free too! They were all great...well actually I wasn't partial to the one that had a smokey flavour.

My favourites were the earl grey and chocolate with chocolate glaze.

You most likely won't be disappionted - Edit

Notable range of vegan doughnuts on side, really delicious, reasonable price.
There is not more left to say. Except there is lots of seating space, so you don't have to order for take-away but can enjoy your doughnuts on the spot with a coffee.
My favorite was vanilla bean.

Delicious! - Edit

There were several vegan flavored doughnuts (including some gluten-free options) and they were all delicious. My favorites are the earl grey and vanilla bean. Very friendly staff.

VERY good! - Edit

Decided on a quick breakfast one of our days in town.

Walked in, and three doughnuts were clearly marked on arrival. Packed three in to our backpack and biked over to the water to eat a couple, saving the third for a later snack.

God the apple fritter, raspberry, and earl grey. All three were just delicious, our favorite was the fritter... as usual. Probably addicted to these things.

Pros: Delicious, Marked vegan options, Friendly

Cons: Little expensive, Ran out of vegan fritters!

Yummy vegan donuts with gluten-free options too! - Edit

I tried the Earl Grey which is probably my favourite so far and is probably the best vegan donut I've ever had. I also tried the Pistachio glaze which was good as well. The vegan apple fritter that I tried was a bigger than other vegan donuts, but didn't like that one at all, such oily taste..
Pricey for me ( more than $3 for each one). The place had a nice vibe. Staff was nice too.
I plan to go back and try the other donuts as well :)

Pros: Yummy donuts, friendly staff, nice vibe

Cons: price, location is far for me

Great place for vegan donuts - Edit

I think this is the only place in downtown Vancouver that serves vegan donuts. I was pretty impressed with so many options. I tried many different flavour because they have different ones everyday. My favourite so far was the apple crumble, raspberry and walnut & maple. Even though I'm not too crazy about donuts I really loved this place.

They are quite pricey though. 3 $ per donut.

The donuts that are vegan are mostly gluten free.

Pros: Many vegan donuts, Fresh everyday, great service

Cons: Pricey

Not sure - Edit

This place gets rave reviews all over Vancouver so I decided to try it since they are known to have several vegan options. All other donuts are vegetarian except the maple/bacon one.
I must start by saying that I don't generally love donuts, never have, so this review may not be entirely fair...

First: service was great. The girl was vegan herself and gave me a run down of all my options. I was pretty impressed. They usually have 6 vegan options per day. Flavours rotate. More will be on the way if they become popular.

Second: Taste: I picked 4 donuts: chocolate icing, stuffed cranberry, stuffed apple and nuts, Earl Grey.
The Earl Grey was definitely the best.
The flavours were fresh and different from the mainstream types.
The problem is that because I am not a fan of donuts to begin with, they did not excite me enough to go back in a hurry.

I think it's worth trying for sure if you are into special treats.

Pros: Several vegan options, Friendly service, Fresh donuts made on site

Cons: Location is a bit sketchy

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cartems Donuterie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1293 times since Mar 2014.