Carrots

• Vegan
Contact +91-8041172812

607, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala 6th Block, Bangalore, India, 560095

Vegan restaurant in Bengaluru near Sony World Signal. Promotes fair trade and organic farming. Motto is, "For better health, for better tomorrow."

Category: Vegan, Indian, Western

First Review by susannahbcn

amazing :) - Edit

After reading the reviews before heading to Bangalore we made sure to visit, it did not disappoint :)
We had some pap Di chaat (think that's how it's spelled) for starter which was Devine!
Then I had a barbecue tofu and veg sandwich while my boyfriend had a cashew and spinach based curry.
All of it was delicious!
We then had a scoop of ice cream each, I opted for chocolate peanut and my boyfriend had orange.
The cafe is bright, clean and lovely. The staff were also very friendly and there was lots of nice posters/info on becoming vegan. On payment we where even given a free cookie :)
Worth a trip!

Pros: everything :)

Cons: none

The best place to be in Bangalore :D - Edit

I have been to Bangalore twice in the the last 2 years and on both occasions I had to go to Carrots for their lovely yummy food! I uploaded a bunch of pictures so you can drool over them and then you should go to Carrots and try the food yourself. :D

Pros: Food, Location, Atmosphere

Cons: Communication could be better some time

Healthy, tasty and lots of variety - Edit

Iv been to Carrots twice now in the 1 month since i moved to Bangalore. The food is just so amazing! they have everything- from vegan Paella, to pizza to burgers and so much more!
The customer service is really good and the owners are such a friendly lot!
They have an unlimited vegan buffet on weekends for INR 500 and you've got to taste the masala chai!

Eat here if this is the only thing you do in Bangalore!

Pros: Variety of dishes, Tasty food, Amazing smoothies and juices

Would travel from Australia just to eat here - Edit

The first time we visited carrots was from across town (Cooke Town). It was more than worth the journey. Upon reflection i would travel from Australia just to eat here!!!

On the first visit, the owner recommended that we had two sharing plates of starters. These included the grilled tofu, stuffed zucchini, rice paper rolls, antipasti, wedges and veggie tikki's. It also included a selection of carrots dips... Which is one of the many winning elements to this restaurant. I learned that you could perhaps just live off dip. YUM! Try them all!

We also had the carrots health plate (average tasting but heaps of veg), a mushroom pizza (thin crust - yumm) and the hot mexican wrap (if you need a delicious bean hit this is the winner!)We shared a tofu chocolate moose and the owner gave us another desert on the house.

The second time we visited we got dips with bread and veggies to share, I ordered the German lentil Soup (great if you have a cold like a finely cut minestrone!) We also tried the burgers which are not your traditional burger. So if you order be prepared for a surprise!

We ate brownies and chocolate cake for desert, the drinks are all interesting. Ir recommend the bannana delight - but add dates!

I would have love to have tried the Frugie Salad - one of the staff members were eating.

Not only is the food amazing, but the staff and the vision of carrots. All staff are friendly and helpful. The owner would pop over for a chat and share his thoughts, passions and beliefs about veganism. Carrots is involved in a range of local projects. I can not recommend this place enough. I can not wait to return!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 23, 2013

Pros: Healthy and yummy food, Atmostshphere and conversation, Community surrounding resteraunt

Healthy vegan delights in Bangalore - Edit

Always on the look out for good vegan food, when I took a trip Bangalore (from California) in February, I made it a point to head over to 'Carrots', the recently opened 100% vegetarian and vegan, multi-cuisine restaurant in Koramangala.

My reward was a fabulous vegan meal, both delicious and super healthy, which is a rare combination. The potato leek soup was creamy and delicious. The roasted zucchini stuffed with finely diced carrots, bell peppers and vegetables was a gourmet appetizer, followed by a vegetable salad with finely balanced sweet and tangy flavors in the dressing. The main course of vegetables and tofu in coconut milk was very satisfying. The dessert was a "laddoo" type combination of dates and roasted peanuts, and while it was tasty, it was not as exceptional as the rest of the meal. We also had some coconut milk icecream as a bonus and were quite happy with it. Overall quite an overwhelming experience and I can't wait to eat at Carrots on my next trip.

I was delighted to find that Carrots is more than just vegan - they actually practice the genuinely healthier food principles I value myself, using largely whole foods, mostly organic and unprocessed ingredients. They have lots of salads and fresh fruit options including juices and smoothies. Being dairy-free, they've whipped up creative, delicious alternatives.

If you need your food to be not just vegan but extra-healthy, you'll be happy to know that at Carrots there's no frying (!) and their cooking methods aim to maximize nutrient retention, minimize sugar, and emphasize whole grains. They love to use fresh herbs and their sauces & dips are all house-made fresh preparations. This is the kind of vegan cuisine that can reverse heart disease and diabetes, for people familiar with the work of Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. McDougall, and Dr. Barnard.

I've been tracking their Facebook page since then, and see that there are increasingly, many more interesting vegan platters on offer. I get secondhand reports from Carrots regulars that a more recent sampling of the "laddu" type confection was a markedly different experience - just bursting with heady taste..... not to be missed! They serve a range of these raw/semi-raw desserts that are not only super tasty but very nutritious as well. I can't wait to try it all!

Incidentally, Carrots has expanded its offerings with a lunch/brunch buffet. Their menu seems to be veering towards even being gluten-free, for those with sensitivities.

Pros: Food prepared fresh!, Super-healthy without sacrificing flavor, Fabulous desserts

Amazing new vegan restaurant in Bangalore - Edit

I was travelling through Bangalore and just had to stop at this place. It only opened a couple of months ago. Lovely atmosphere with wicker chairs and glass tables and Free Wifi!
I had the Sunday lunch buffet, all you can eat for 499 rupees or by weight starting at 99 rupees. They had starters, soups, main courses and dessert. I had hummous, vegan cheese sauce, tomato salsa, two types of homemade organic bread, several salads, brown rice, organic chapattis, about six types of curry including palak paneer made with tofu, and spicy mexican beans and potato wedges.
Then for dessert a really nice chocolate cake and fruit salad (included in the buffet). Wide range of vegan desserts and cakes available including an almond chocolate mousse and coconut milk pannacotta. Heaven for vegans with a sweet tooth like me.
Finished it all off with a soy chai masala.
Mostly organic, some gluten free options, all vegan.

Pros: Fresh organic vegan food, Great range of vegan desserts, Free Wifi

Cons: None I could see

Return to Bangalore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carrots closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2895 times since Feb 2013.