Carriage House Restaurant

207-633-6025

388 Ocean Point Rd, East Boothbay, Maine, USA, 04544

Serves meat, vegan options available. New American fine dining near Ocean Point with a "Practical Veganism" entree on the menu consisting of baba ghanoush and tapenade. Salads and pizza served Thursdays can be made vegan by omitting cheese. Chef-owner welcomes requests. Majority of the menu is gluten-free. Sunday brunch menu does not have vegan options. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Sarah P

yummy and filling - Edit

I ate at the Carriage House Friday night, and the restaurant was quite busy with locals out with families and friends; we were able to get a same-day reservation for 2 at 7:15.. We ate downstairs, which was very loud, it was hard to hold a conversation over the noise. I popped upstairs to check out the bar area. It was much quieter upstairs, and felt very relaxed; I will definitely request upstairs when I return. The host and server were super friendly and helpful.

I ordered the roasted beet salad without the cheese, and the Practical Veganism entree. The salad was fit to be a meal, but I was hungry and managed to eat the salad and the entree. Both were delicious and attractively presented. These were the only two items that were easily vegan on the menu, but the chef/ owner told me he is happy to accommodate special requests. Other salads and pizza without cheese can be made vegan.

We will definitely return this summer. The food quality and upstairs ambiance were superb. The one vegan entree is worth the return visit.

Pros: quality vegan menu entree, accommodations are welcome, local favorite

Cons: only one vegan choice, downstairs dining room is loud , pricey- but filling

Return to East Boothbay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carriage House Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.