Carottes Gingembre

Contact 33-546339057

36 rue des Bancs, Saint-jean-dangely, France, 17400

Vegetarian restaurant made with local and organic produce whenever possible. Vegan and gluten free dishes are shown in the menu. Can host groups from 10 people every day (lunch and dinner) including Sundays on request.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, French

First Review by YE4RSLEY1975

Great food! Friendly host. - Edit

This small restaurant popped up on Happycow while travelling from Spain to Belgium. We decided to stop here for lunch. The owner was already locking up when we arrived, but she was so friendly she told us we could have lunch. We had a wonderful beet soup (cold), noodles with vegetables and peanuts. For dessert we had a yummy banana cream. Recommended!

Pros: vegan dishes, friendly owner

Cons: none

Carottes Gingembre - Edit

A nice, friendly little restaurant in the main shopping area of St Jean d'Angely. Located on the corner of Rue des Bancs and Rue du Jeu de Paume, convenient for the shops, the old abbey and the tourist office.

The menu changes every week, with a choice of two starters, two mains and two sweets. I had stuffed tomatoes and rice for my main, and my friend had tagliatelle which was the other main dish. For my sweet I chose the stewed apples in chocolate mousse. They also have a good selection of organic beers and wines, and their own carrot and ginger juice (hence the name of the restaurant "Carottes Gingembre" - carrot and ginger juice).

It is only a small restaurant, but there was no problem getting a table at lunchtime. The kitchen is behind a counter next to the seating area, so you can see the food being prepared. Service was very quick and efficient - the waitress brought my sweet as she came to take my main course plate!

They also have a disabled access toilet and small children's play area with toys at the rear.

In a country that does not cater much for vegetarians, I have nothing but praise for this restaurant!

Pros: Fantastic food, Excellent service, Friendly staff

Cons: Could do with more choice of dishes

Return to Saint-jean-dangely Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carottes Gingembre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 750 times since Jan 2009.