Carmita's Pancake House Restaurant

Calles Guido Chiriboga, Montanita, Ecuador

Serves meat, vegan options available. A converted pescatarian restaurant with a stronger emphasis on vegan and vegetarian food. Specialties change regularly but include quinoa croquettes and soy burger with soy cheese. Other options include quinoa and lentil. Has a menu of the day that varies - vegetarian or vegan ONLY. Often start with soup such as quinoa or lentil and move onto the main dishes and a fresh juice. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm. Closes one day a week which varies on a weekly basis. During high season (January - April) the restaurant is open 8:00 am - 11:00 pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by ManuKing

Doesn't seem very vegan - Edit

I feel like I've been played. All the reviews on happy cow and tripadvisor told me this was a vegetarian place that serves very little fish.
I went in to Carmita's pancake restaurant today. There was nothing vegan. It was all meat, rice, and cheese.
I felt very confused, to say the least, and I left without ordering anything.
It seems the ethics of this business have changed in a very short amount of time!

Just What A Vegetarian Needs - Edit

Fantastic little place. Newly converted to sell predominantly vegetarian and vegan dishes as the owner is now vegetarian too. In places as small as this it can be difficult to find something vegetarian/vegan to eat. Here your needs will be satisfied. Tasty and cheap. At the time of writing we paid $3.50 for menu of the day. Includes a drink, soup and main meal.

Lovely lady who owns the place is great to talk to. Very positive and happy. Only 4 stars as it sells the odd bit of fish for pescatarians too. Definitely worth the money. If I visit Montanita again I'll definitely be stopping by!

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Lovely Staff

Cons: Possibly only room for 20 customers

Return to Montanita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carmita's Pancake House Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.