Carlisle Thai Cuisine

717-249-2007

141 West High St, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA, 17013

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Offers a list of vegan items using tofu and veggies. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 4:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jasonxkeller

Reliable Vegan Food - Edit

I've been coming here since I was a child and have seen them go through lots of management. They have a lot of curries, all coconut-based, and are happy to adjust menu options to make them vegan.

I don't know if the food is terribly authentic, but it is a great option for vegan takeout if you live in Carlisle.

Pros: Lots of coconut curries, Friendly service

Cons: Slow service, Dull atmosphere

Don't bother...unless you're starving. - Edit

I was afraid I might start collecting social security before our food came. Admittedly, the server was on his own, but there were only 3 tables in the place when we ordered. Still took him 10 minutes to come around and take our order and 45 to get our food. Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Food: a generous 2/10 only because it was hot and vegan
Authenticity: 0/10 didn't even resemble Thai food. Looked like a Thai restaurant, but the food misses the mark by a long shot.
Service: 5/10 b/c the server was nice. Not his fault the kitchen staff was super slow and they were under-staffed.
Atmosphere: 2/10 sleepy music, low lights. A total snoozefest.

Conclusion, if I had the chance to go here or starve, I'd have to think about it.

Pros: vegan options clearly marked, server understood veganism, building was not on fire

Cons: Drunken noodles was seasoned with black pepper onl, Painfully slow kitchen. , 5 people perished while waiting for their food.

Return to Carlisle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carlisle Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.