Caribreeze Vegetarian Cafe

• Vegan
Contact 845-426-2600

42 N Main St (at /off Rte 59), Spring Valley, New York, USA, 10977

Vegetarian cuisine. Changing menu features dishes with tofu, soy chunks, soy and wheat gluten veggiemeats, multi-grain porridge, soups, cakes, fresh coconut water, and natural beverages. Mostly take-out with a few tables for dine-in.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Caribbean

First Review by

Hidden gem - Edit

Walked into this place because it was near where my kid had a sporting event. The lady behind the counter was a delight. When I said I wasn't sure I'd like "x" she said here try a sample (and I liked it!). Ended up getting the $12.50 meal with pretty much everything they make in it. (Meal sizes were $7, $9, $12.50) Let me tell you it's big enough to feed 2 maybe 3 adults. I didn't care for the dumpling, but everything else was super good. My favorite had to be the BBQ followed by the pepper steak or goat (super spicy! Super good!). I took that all home to eat. I also purchased two items she had in the case, pasties? One was orange in color on the outside and had a spicy Jamaican? Goodness stuffed inside (also one of my favorites) and then the other had meat and cabbage in it. (All vegan). Would definitely go back again!!

Pros: Food is good, Good price, Lady there was delightful

Cons: dumpling (thick wheat, not light/doughy

Among the Best Ital Food - Edit

Probably the best Ital Food I have eaten! Lots of faux meat and veggie renditions of Jamaican standard menu items served from a steam table. Helpful and accommodating staff. Also sells some packaged items and desserts. All vegan, but not necessarily the most healthful, with some items sweetened with sugar, white rice, flour, pasta. Still great comfort food and all well seasoned and very yummy.

Pros: Great tasting food, Plenty of seating and takeout, Nice people

Cons: not necessarily healthy

amazing - Edit

Decided to try this new place. About 10 minutes from where I work in Montvale. Amazing! I got a mix of like 6 things for 9 bucks that was filling and amazing!! Also the carrot cake. Good , good food and a welcoming staff. Try it out!!

Delicious homemade vegan food! - Edit

I have only been vegan for a little over two months and have already found several wonderful restaurants through Happy Cow. The first ones I found were while traveling but, happily, Caribreeze is right in my own backyard! I stopped by for the first time last night on the way home from work and got two large takeout containers, a soy patty, and a vegetable patty, and a slice of zucchini cake. The menu changes daily and you choose your size container and you can get a little bit of everything if you like. I decided to try a little of everything (BBQ tofu, roasted chicken, curry lentils, spinach and bok choy, curried goat, lima beans, spicy jerk, dumplings, ziti and eggplant, black beans and peas....quite a variety, and I may be missing some too, and all vegan!!!). Dave, who I believe is the owner (I asked his name and if he was the cook and he said no but did not tell me that he was the owner...but the website says the owner is Dave King so I assume that is who helped me) was wonderful and labeled everything on the cover of the container so I would know what I was eating! Everything was delicious and even my non-vegan family loved it. And two large containers ($10 each) and the two patties ($2 each) fed five of us! And the slice of zucchini cake (also delicious) was only $2.50 for a very generously sized slice. I will definitely be back, and often! Oh, and when I told Dave that I recently became vegan he recommended a cooking show (Christina Cooks) and several other vegetarian/vegan restaurants in the area.

Pros: All vegan, delicious and fresh...homemade, Friendly and very helpful owner, Lots of variety, large portions, good prices

A big gem in a small town - Edit

I've only recently come across caribreeze, and I am happy to have visited such a lovely kitchen. The family owning the cafe are as warm as their fresh patties. Speaking of the patties, I had to sample a few of the most popular Jamaican street food. I'm always on the run. What a delight they are D licious! I took a few to work to share with some of my die hard meat eating Jamaican brethren, and they placed an order for 10 patties to bring all the way to the Bronx. If you find yourself around spring valley, and you don't want unhealthy eats. Visit caribreeze!

Pros: Great healthful food, FriendlyFamily owned, Homeful atmosphere

Cons: Easy to miss, If you don't know, Where to look

The best vegan food I ever had! - Edit

I stumbled across this place by mistake (but I know there are no coincidences) one day. Since I was trying to eat healthier I decided to try it. Note, that I have been to at least ten vegan places across the USA in this lifetime and fully enjoyed all except maybe one.. The minute I tried the beef stew (not beef of course) I was hooked! The cashew mac and cheese is awesome as well (the two together would make you slap your mother). But once you think you're done, then comes the Zucchini loaf, which is by far the best in the world! I frequent there often now and took a co-worker who fell in love at first bite. Even my 12 year old loves it!

it is not in the richest part of nj, and the neighbors may be a bit lower on the stratification system but they are friendly and harmless. Don't miss out on this place! You would be happy you tried!

Pros: daily variety, friendly service, best prices ever

Cons: small dining area, close at 7pm, parking

great food - worth the trip - Edit

loved the jerk satay - nicely spiced. soup of the day was delicious. not fancy and has 3 tables. you'll get your food in a take-out tin and soup in a container, but don't let that deter you. prices seemed pretty reasonable. park diagonally across the street in free parking lot.

Pros: friendly, nice choices, very nice carribean flavor

Cons: limited tables, plain ambience

Yum Ital - Edit

I sat in traffic for a while to get to this place before they closed. Had the ginger chicken, rice and peas, fried plantains, curry chickpeas, jerk chunks, bbq ribs and collards. Food is very tasty and huge portions for 8 bucks. Well worth the drive and will be back again!

Pros: great food, different menu each day, huge inexpensive portions

Cons: just wish it was closer

You will like Caribreeze! - Edit

No set menu. Simple vegan restaurant. Close to perfection. Chef is Tony Monroe. Each day Tony prepares soup, mixed grain porridge and 6 specials some Jamaican / some old "hippie" classics. Very varied / stimulating culinary masterpieces. Plenty of green vegetables - good, good brown rice & wholegrains. Give up cooking! Visit twice / thrice each day!

Pros: Great staff, Great food, Revitalizing

Yummmy I-Tal Foods - Edit

I have eaten here a few times. This place is awesome! And all vegan to boot! Huge Plates of Callaloo grown organic and local (callaloo is a type of greens), Rice and Peas (Beans), Lima Bean stew, and more! The food is very tasty and the is consciously prepared by the friendly staff. A large plate only costs $8 and it feeds two people. Look for the "ackee", a fruit that tastes like scrambled eggs!!! "I-Tal" food is a type of Vegan food prepared in Jamaica, especially by rastafarians, and is very yummy.

Pros: Delicious Food, Great Price, Big Portions, Friendly Staff

Cons: Very Simple Decor, No A/C

Return to Spring Valley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caribreeze Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3121 times since Aug 2007.