Caribbean Flavas

• Veg-friendly
Contact 506-459-1230

123 York Street (at King St, downtown Fredericton), Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A lively, family owned and operated restaurant. Will accommodate vegans. Smoothies, tropical salad, roti, curry, vegetable stir-fry in salsa, and more. Local, organic vegetables and produce used when possible. No MSG, preservatives, or additives used and low sodium meals available.

Category: Lacto, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by marturey

Fantastic Food in a friendly atmosphere - Edit

Went to Caribbean Flavas and was delighted by the friendly and helpful staff. Gave advance notice of being vegan and was offered a few choices, all of them delicious. Samosas and coconut curry onion rings for starters and a great curry cashew vegetable dish as main. Please note that most of the dishes are quite spicy but if you don't like that I'm sure they can help you out. They even offer cocnut milk ice cream made on the premises!
Truely a delightful restaurant and wonderful staff. Prices are reasonable and I can't wait to go back. They even offer catering!

Pros: Wonderful food, Excellent Athmosphere, Good Value

Good Food, annoying service - Edit

We visited Caribbean Flavas last year. We called in advance and told the staff we were vegan. They had some very nice options, the food was great. Very delicious. A bit pricey. We found the atmosphere a bit annoying. The staff were very friendly but I guess they don't get many vegans eating there. They had countless questions about veganism etc. Don't get me wrong, we like informing people about vegan lifestyle, and the ethics behind it, and what you do and don't eat, etc. ; however, when we go out to dinner, we're looking for a nice evening to relax and not have to cook, and not to be pestered by our server.

Pros: excellent food, nice decor, vegan options

Cons: annoying, pricey

Delicious Food and Wonderful Atmosphere - Edit

I called in advance to verify they could accommodate us as vegans. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem. When I arrived we were offered a variety of options. I had the curry which was incredible!!! It was served with sweet potatoes and rice. My friend had a vegan stir-fry. The smoothies were super too. The server really made us feel at home and seemed enthusiastic to accommodate us. She was very friendly (the restaurant is family owned and it shows - service was great). She told us that the roti is vegan too as is some of their soups. I'll definitely be going back again. I loved that curry!!! It's one of the finer restaurants in downtown Fredericton. The curry was about $19 with rice and potatoes and the smoothies were about $5. I believe they are open for lunch on certain days and have a different lunch menu. I'm not sure if they serve alcohol. I'd give this 5 stars if I could but the system only allows 4 stars for restaurants that aren't 100% vegan : )

Pros: Food, Atmosphere & Decor, Friendly Service

Cons: nil

Return to Fredericton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caribbean Flavas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1305 times since Mar 2008.