First Review by SynthVegan

Lovely ice cream! - Edit

We went on a warm Friday night and there was a steady stream of visitors. More than 50% of the ice creams and sorbets were vegan (as were the cones), so there was plenty of choice. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I had a scoop of cinnamon/caramel, which tasted like Biscoff, and chocolate, which was rich and creamy and amazing. I loved it!

Pros: Great variety of flavours, Vegan cones, Good service

Cons: Open front, so cigarette smoke drifts in

Best coconut ice cream in germany yet - Edit

Need I say more? I found a place that could satisfy my search for a good coconut ice cream. It wasn't too sweet but upmost creamy and rich. Yeah, I'd go there every day for such a treat. (But since I don't live in Berlin..)
Stachelbeere was very good, too. Sour and refreshing. While I found the cinnamon/caramel flavored one a little plain. It was mostly sweet and ok but not too exciting. Salted caramel would probably taste more interesting..

Unfortunately I didn't try the chocolate rice milk. But here's what I wnat to stress: there's a couple of choices for vegan folks that are not just fruit sorbets and some rather promising mixes (like chocolate coated coffee beans in one of the flavors) as well.

I think the prices are ok while my friend thought it was kind of expensive. It's not cheap, yet everything is (to my understanding) organic.

The only thing that might be confusing are the opening times since they seem to open depending on the weather and number of customers. So you might walk by on a warm summer night and get a lucky shot, while the next day you might find them closed in the afternoon??

But whatever, right? Coconut ice cream, go get it!

Pros: tasty ice cream, vegan variety

Cons: unspecified opening times, serves milk based ice cream

Excellent discovery - Edit

Only by chance we discovered Caramello. Fortunately we saw their vegan-sign and stopped by.
Wow, what a very vegan-friendly ice cream parlor!
I had the vegan chocolate flavour with chocolate glaze ("Schokoguss"), chocolate chips and cream. It was really good, so we took a second round :D

One (invisible) cow-deduction for the price (1,20 EURO for one scoop, the cream and glaze weren't cheap either...). In view of the many other ice cream parlors in berlin a cheaper price should be possible.

Altogether I would definitely recommend a visit.

Pros: very vegan friendly, the chocolate glaze , delicious

Cons: little expensive, limited seating

Great Ice Cream. Lots of variety and delicious! - Edit

Lots of interesting options. Rice milk base. E.g. Dark chocolate, Black sesame. Also has sorbets with combination of various fruits. I want to try the all!!

Dark chocolate flavor was good but I think I liked the chocolate mint sorbet at Mos Eisely more. Much richer!

Pros: Variety of favors, Delicious, Rice milk options

Cons: a little more expensive (1.2EUR)

Great vegan ice cream! - Edit

I finally got a chance to check out this place and after hearing a lot of hype, I have to say I wasn't disappointed! The ice cream was fantastic and came in exciting, creative flavours.

I went for peanut butter and cranberry along with a scoop of chocolate and it was absolutely delicious.

The only negative for this place is that there is very little room to sit down and enjoy your ice cream. You'd be lucky to get one of the few seats and we ended up eating it on the go.

Pros: Delicious, Lots of choice

Cons: Not many places to sit and enjoy

WOOOOOOoooooooWWWWWW - Edit

Soooo great to be able to grab an icecream as anyone by a sunny day in Berlin .
This place is perfect for any vegan one who wants to have some icecream which not only a sorbet but something more exotic as a chocolat and haselnuss , topping and cream icecream :)))

To take away during a walk in the disctrict or to sit during a warm summer night , I love it !

Pros: many choices, bio, delicious

Best vegan ice cream in Berlin - Edit

I don't know why I didn't come across this place earlier. They have very friendly people working there (I think it's a family business) giving competent answers.
The wafers are vegan and - best of it all - there are plenty of vegan flavours to choose from and they are absolutely delicious! When I was there the other day, apart from the fruit sorbets there were the following vegan options: chocolate sorbet, choclate chip and nuts soya ice cream, soya yoghurt with roasted peanuts.
Everything they offer is organic and homemade. And a Euro for one scoop is affordable too.
This is the place to go for having a really good time in Berlin :)

Pros: homemade ice cream, lots of vegan options, friendly staff

Cons: no toilets, tiny seating area

Great vegan ice cream in Freidrichshain! - Edit

I accidentally stumbled upon this place while walking around in Berlin. The sign outside said Bio Eis Vegan and Organic Eis, so naturally I stepped in. There were lots of vegan flavors to choose from and everything else was vegan. The vegan ice cream was VERY good and I highly recommend it! And did I mention that a decent sized scoop only costs 1 Euro?!? Check it out! :) 5 cows for awesome vegan ice cream.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caramello Eisdiele closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1561 times since Oct 2010.