First Review by BrendaLiz

Excelente lugar - Edit

Perfecto para los antojos. Los precios son accesibles, cuentan con tarjeta de lealtad y siempre me atienden con mucho gusto. La primera vez fui con un amigo no vegano y le encantó. Yo siempre regreso.

tasty vegan ice cream - Edit

The little flyer lists comida/cena (hot meals, like burgers, nachos, fries, and hot and cold drinks, by Maria Bonita V), but they are not available (or were not when I was there). Just ice creams and two chocolate cakes. I was shown a list (in hard-to-read type) of ice cream flavours in Spanish, and the server offered me a taste of the one I pointed to (manzania-asada?) before I ordered it. It was good. $25 for one scoop.

Pros: vegan ice cream

Cons: none of the hot food when I was there, Spanish-only, hard-to-read menu

Awful experience - Edit

Ate here a couple days ago while vacationing in DF. Based on the reviews here and other places it sounded like Capricho was going to be a good choice.

Tried the burger which another poster said was good - was cold and really not tasty. Tempeh doesn't make a good burger - falls apart too easily. My wife had the tempeh hot dog - which was also cold and bland - was just a slab of tempeh with catsup on a bun. We also ordered a side of fries - which were way too greasy and undercooked - and oddly served with some fake chicken nuggets (also cold).

To drink I just had water but my wife tried a Horchata - which was made with Almond milk and just tasted like a glass of milk with some cinnamon.

Please note that basically all the food was frozen and microwaved before being placed on their grill top or deep fryer - which the girl had to start as we were clearly the only customers she had had for a while.

Our Spanish was rudimentary at best and when I made that clear the girl working just kept speaking at a rapid pace and was clearly annoyed at our presence.

I could go on but it was just a bad experience. However, we didn't try the ice cream which is their claim-to-fame, but after everything else we didn't want to.

The only positive is the neighborhood has some much better vegan places nearby.

Pros: Neighborhood

Cons: Everything

great food, great people :) - Edit

I've lived in Mexico City for two months now and I come here most weekends. The tempeh burger is my favourite, the cashew cheese is really good and the ice cream is just addictive.

Pros: lovely people work there

Amazing! - Edit

I walked by this place by chance and I am so glad I did!I only had the chance to try some ice cream, and it was amazing! Great flavours and textures (although I wish there were slightly more options available. You can tell they produce on-location and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming. Definitely recommendable!

Pros: Delicous flavours, Welcoming environment, Great space

Cons: Not so much to choose from

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Capricho Helado closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1333 times since Jul 2015.