Caprice Cafe

12 Avenue Jean Moulin, Paris, France,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A vegan menu is offered on Sunday 9am-11pm when you ask for it; dishes include cheeseburgers, risotto, spaghetti bolognese, couscous, and for dessert chocolate mousse, creme brulee. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat 8:00am-12:00am. Closed Sun.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by LiviaMvanHeerde

loved it! - Edit

I am vegan, my husband eats meat of all kinds and this was the perfect place for us! We love eating traditional food every county we visit and vegan food was not always easy to find in Paris, but this place was perfect and exactly what we were looking for! And the staff could not have been nicer! Love!

Brasserie with clearly marked vegan options - Edit

I've visited Caprice Café recently for the second time.
It's nice to see that a non-veg*n Parisian brasserie is offering vegan options.

The vegan plates are clearly mentioned in their menu (3 or 4 dishes such as hamburgers or stuffed zucchinis); however, they do not serve vegan desserts anymore.
Portions are fair; and taste is OK, not bad, but nothing wow either.

In that area, there is pretty much nothing to eat for vegans, so it's a good choice if you're around or if you are a late dinner; however, personally I wouldn't go all across the city just to eat there.

Pros: vegan options, serves meals all day long

Cons: not vegan, no vegan desserts

Really great - Edit

Very cute place, with a lot of vegan options. I took the very filling spaghetti alla carbonara (which I never ate since I went vegan) and was surprised by how good it turned out. Perfect place if you want to enjoy a vegan meal (and not a meal that you made vegan by asking...) with non-veg people.
A bit greasy and I'm not sure if they have vegan desserts, but I didn't really looked the desserts menu as I was already full

Pros: Good and filling food. Plenty of options

Cons: A bit greasy. I'm not sure they have vegan dessert

Perfect for Vegans and Meat-eaters - Edit

This cute little bar is the perfect place for vegans to take their non-veg friends when they go out for dinner. The owner of the bar is vegan so he knows exactly what us veggies need and was very accommodating. All the vegan food is house made - such a bonus to find in Paris. The vegan desserts were incredible. I would recommend this bar to anyone.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Non-veg Friendly also, House-made food

Great place for vegans! - Edit

Even if the brasserie offers meat and fish, half of their menu is vegan. The food is homemade (which is rare in Parisian brasseries) and delicious. The owner who is vegan knows perfectly how to satisfy his customers. The food is really tasty (there are vegan burgers, a vegan main dish and several desserts) and affordable. I tried the burger with a chick pea steak and it was excellent as well as the fries. The service is professional and fast and the owner is so friendly and passionate. You feel at home. I also tried a vegan lemon pie that was really amazing. I do recommend the place to every vegan coming to Paris.

Pros: tasty food, good value for money, very friendly staff, great vegan options, affordable

Cons: not 100% vegan

Excellent food and friendly - Edit

It maybe both meat and vegan, but this place is really, really great. The owner explained he has been vegan for four years and wanted to offer vegan food on the menu, prepared separate from the meat. We had the lentil burger which came with fries and a big salad. The guy even told us the beer was vegan (I had already Barnivored it ha ha).

For desert we had a cake which was a bit like a Black Forest gateaux. Very rich but very delicious and filling. We almost had to roll back to our hotel!

We speak only a minute amount of French but he was very helpful and spoke pretty good English.

Pros: great food, friendly

One of my favourites - Edit

This place is not entirely vegan but I really feel at home when I go there and when by chance Olivier (the owner) is here. Very open minded and easyoing, he's vegetarian himself and gluten free. He's very caring to satisfy your needs. One day I called him for gluten free and soy free vegan meal, and he cooked a special burger to meet my expectations. The gluten free burger was just amazing, with almond cream chipotle sauce and rice flour based buns, lentil steak, and delicious french fries with their creamy vegan lemon sauce + salad aside. Everything was just delicious and my omnivorous friend was also astonished by the quality of the food and the warmness of the owner.
I don't think any other parisian restaurant, vegan or not, would have done so many efforts to satisfy my requirements this evening ! Am very grateful to Olivier for this and I would definitely recommend the place if you are nearby. The desserts are also homemade and for most of those I have tried, they are worth it.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 18, 2014

Pros: Friendly and warm welcome, Excellent price/quality ratio, Sevreal vegan options changing regularly

Cons: Not in the center

It' okay - Edit

I went there at 11:30 am because I was desperately hungry and needed something to eat. I asked the waiter for the vegan menu and he showed me the dishes of the day which were vegan or vegetarian. I ordered the vegan burger. The burger came very fast. It was served with fries and cost 13€. The meal was quite good and very filling but over all a little too greasy for me. But the waiter was very nice and didn't even looked at me weird when I ordered lunch at 11:30am which I thought he would. The prices are not cheap but not that expensive either.

Pros: not too expensive, tastes okay

Cons: greasy food , small selection

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caprice Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.