Caphe Banh Mi

• Veg-friendly
Contact 703-549-0800

407 Cameron St. (at N Washington St ), Alexandria, Virginia, USA, 22314

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pho place with vegetarian and vegan choices.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by emanaton

Absolute huge disappointment - Edit

The one thing on the menu I would/could eat was pretty nasty. It's called "Just Xa Lach" salad. Description on the menu didn't match food when came. I am glad we only lost about $6 and some change each because we both had the same thing. Total waste of time. Got the suggestion from the HC app

Pros: None

Cons: Horrible food for the one option available to me.

Simple but good - Edit

Caphe Banh Mi is one of the only places in Old Town Alexandria that can provide vegans with some comfort food. So, if you are walking around looking for food, you should be here!

What can you order? Imperial rolls/ fried spring rolls or tamarind rolls - their fillings and sauces vary, too, soy-based for the former and peanut-based for the latter. Also, the fillings are slightly different, like vermicelli in the tamarind but not imperial, and taro in the imperial but not tamarind, but otherwise, some bean sprouts, carrots, tofu, fake meat and mint. Tasty blends that are more exciting than most rolls by far! I can't think of a better blend of ingredients anywhere else that I've tried in the DC metro area.

Other choices include a stir fried tofu dish, a vermicelli dish with tofu and veggies, a banh mi sandwich with tofu and a veg pho (labeled vegetarian, but it's vegan). The rolls are tasty and so is the pho, but not the best I've ever had. There is no vegan bubble tea, so that's a bummer. There are teas, though, and wine galore.

If in Old Town, I'd be back if hungry, though, as I know it's vegan and tasty.

Pros: Vegan items, Filling, Fair pricing

Cons: No vegan sweets, Needs more veggies

Will Go Again - Edit

Had a very pleasant spring roll and rice with mushroom and tofu. Servers knew exactly what to recommend to a vegan. The atmosphere is pleasant, and the food is delicious.

Pros: knowledgable, delicious, fast

Cons: busy

Return to Alexandria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caphe Banh Mi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1898 times since Mar 2013.