Capatoast

+39-415243817

cannareggio Fondamenta de le Capuzine, Venice, Italy

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food chain offers also vegan choices, such as toast with vegan cheese and/or veggies as well sweet toast with peanut butter and/or chocolate. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by galcomb

Tasty spot off the beaten path. - Edit

Off the beaten path and quite a ways away from any tourist areas. We took a twenty minute walk to get here and it was absolutely worth it. There is a vegetarian item on the menu as well as two vegan options, one sweet and one savory. We ordered the two vegan options as well as an order of frites. The savory option was amazing! Highly recommend ordering that one if you go. The sweet option is simply Nutella style toast but could be better if you add some fruit which we did not think of. We will definitely be back!

Pros: Two vegan options, Vegan mayo and vegan cheese

Toasts are huge and good, but waiting time is too long - Edit

Capatoast was just around the corner of my flat, so I went there for dinner - I had noticed in the external menu that some vegan options were available.
I ordered the vegan toast, with vegetables of choices and veg cheese mayo.
I was told I could choose every vegetables I want to fill my toast, so I asked for avocado (there were several and it was an ingredient of many other toasts)... and the owner said that was not included. Weird enough!
Anyway, I made my order and waited. Waited. Waited.
After 30 minutes (!), I heard there was a problem with my toast, as vegan cheese was out of stock. They offered to put more mayo in my toast, which honestly sounded awful, so I asked if there were any other ingredients, as an olive cream, and I was lucky enough to have it.
Similar problem with the sweet one. I ordered the one with vegan chocolate cream and peanut butter, but they forgot to put this latest inside (and again, it took ages to be served). It was not a problem for me, as I don't like it very much, but for someone it could have been.
In conclusion: go there if you're hungry, because toasts are huge, taste good and are well filled, but be prepared to a lack of organization and cleaning (tables are not cleaned after previous customers leave, so you can find their waste).

Very nice vegan toasts - Edit

Wasn't easy to find but when we got there we enjoyed our vegan toasts- a salty one with lots of veggies and vegan cheese and a sweet one with vegan chocolate.
The toasts are big and very much enough for breakfast.
Also have many non-vegan choices.
Nice staff but they were quite slow and had no air conditioner on a very hot day.
Also we were traveling with our baby and had no place to change her dipper even though they had a big toilet.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Not easy to find

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Capatoast closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.