Canyons

Contact 425-556-1389

15740 Redmond Way, Redmond, Washington, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Regular menu is meat-based but has a separate vegetarian menu with a few vegan items, and much of it can be made vegan by omitting dairy, etc.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Non-veg

First Review by kindlizard

Hostile to vegans - Edit

I also had a bad experience here. I asked about ingredients in a vegetarian food item on the menu, the waiter didn't know but came back after talking to the chef and handed me a large piece of ripped off cardboard with an ingredients label instead of just telling me "yes, it has eggs and dairy". I stayed due to my friends' insistence and asked for some pasta with veggies and olive oil. The waiter delivered a foul smelling bowl of pasta with microwave burns on huge chunks of vegetables. Had one bite and it was off. This was the worst dining experience ever.

Offended that this place is listed. - Edit

This place was vegetarian friendly a few years back. HOWEVER, I went in a few months ago and the waitress rudely stated that they really didn't have ANYTHING for vegans. She was firm on that. I didn't try to talk her into a green salad with oil and vinegar but just left. I left. This is one of the least vegan friendly and generally unfriendly places that I have been in years. I don't know whether they have change owners or managers but this is clearly no place thqat vegans are welcome! This restaurant should be removed as there are no vegan options and much fewer vegetarian options than almost any other restaurant in Redmond. And it's become quite unfriendly for pet owners. Most places here allow small dogs in outside fenced areas but not these folks! Starbucks, Whole Foods, and many other places around here allow dogs in their outside area. Please consider taking your dollars to one of the many other options in the area where you and you dietary choices are welcome. I've already warned my friends about this place and will continue to do so. This and Pomegranate are the only two places in Redmond where I've been treated rudely when I asked if they had anything vegan and I've lived here for 30 years.

Pros: None

Cons: Vegan hostile, Anti-veg staff

Return to Redmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Canyons closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1557 times since Jul 2012.