Cantina LX

R. Rodrigues de Faria 103, Lisbon, Portugal, 1300

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little place with a different menu every day of the week, usually a veg choice. A salad buffet included.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Portuguese, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Cool establishment - Edit

This place has the feel of somewhere rather special when you walk in, it was bustling on our visit with lots of chatter from customers and busy staff rushing from table to table, people were even coming in just to take pictures. I was impressed with the vegan choice for a place like this and loved the lasagne I had. There are some unsavoury off putting dishes on the menu such as rabbit but a decent percentage of the menu appears to be veggie. I wouldn't go out of my way to go again as there are now ample veggie establishments in central Lisbon to choose from but if shopping in LX factory it's somewhere worth considering.

Pros: cool, vegan options , great shopping area

Cons: meat

Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band - Edit

You'll find this cool retro cantina at the main entrance of the wonderful alternative shopping, dining and cultural experience that is Lisbon's LX Factory. Nestled right under the overwhelming beauty of the Pont 25 Abril. We had the vegan lasagne and a Goan chick pea curry which were both excellent and priced at €11. The curry was presented in a metal casserole dish with a serving ladle. I liked that. It was also served with a sticky Thai style rice. The lasagne was extremely succulent and tomatoey and came with a spinach and garlic ragout. We also got a carafe of house white wine satisfyingly priced at €5.50. Prior to the food arriving we enjoyed getting stuck into some of their delicious house bread with a balsamic and olive oil dip. After a a quick peruse in the Skunk Funk shop we left LX Factory more than satisfied after a stormtrooping Sunday lunch.

Pros: excellent vegan options, friendly staff , cool interior

Cons: basic toilets, meat served including octopus

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cantina LX closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.