Canlis

206-283-3313

2576 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fine dining restaurant. Will provide a vegan 3 & 4 course or tasting menu with minimum 48 hours notice.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by zdesigns

New chef - Edit

My husband and I went here about 1 year ago for our anniversary. We had heard such great things about the chef. Unfortunately, that chef had left.
Although you can't beat the ambience, the food was subpar. They took the vegetarian things and simply removed the cheese or whatever. Even though one course had cashew cheese, they did not bother to add it to others when appropriate. Additionally, way, way too salty.
Definitely not worth it. Just go to Plum instead.

Pros: Can't beat the service!

vegan tasting menu is fantastic - Edit

My husband & I are new vegans. He had made reservations for a very special anniversary dinner long before we became vegan. We were so happy to find out that not only was Canlis happy to provide us with a vegan meal (he opted for the vegan tasting menu) but this is something they regularly provide. They just need a minimum of 48 hours notice for their normal 3 or 4 course dinners and the more notice the better for their tasting menu. They can accommodate most diets, allergies, gluten-free etc.

The vegan tasting menu was so delicious! Seriously, it was the best meal we have ever had vegan or non-vegan! It was even better than a previous non-vegan 4 course meal we had at Canlis earlier in the year to celebrate my mother-in-law's 80th when we were not yet vegan, which we had thought to be yummy. Everything was fresh, exciting, and satisfying. My husband can be finicky about certain new/different/weird flavors etc but he enjoyed every dish they presented.

The service was great & my husband went all out for our anniversary & we had the private Caché room which I would recommend for a very romantic special night. It's for 2-4 people with views of Lake Union & it's all yours for the entire night.

Just for reference, I am originally from SF and we have been lucky enough to have eaten food all over the world. Many different cuisines. Street food to fancy shmancy. I am a lover of comfort food and any food that is fresh & delicious. Canlis was yummy and we will be back for many celebrations.

Also, we do not drink alcohol or regular sodas/drinks and Canlis had 2 non-alcoholic cocktail options that were super tasty. Finding that has always been a challenge at most dining establishments. We love water but when you dine out you want the option for something fun & delicious to drink with your meal. The hot tea was also very good.

Updated from previous review on Monday October 26, 2015

Updated from previous review on Monday October 26, 2015

Pros: vegan options, accommodates various diets & allergies, great service

Cons: need min. 48 hours notice

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Canlis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.