Camino Real Kitchen and Tequila

661-852-0493

4501 Stine Rd, Bakersfield, California, USA, 93313

Serves meat, vegan options available. Marks the vegetarian items or dishes that can be made veg. Has soyrizo as a meat alternative. Could ask to omit dairy cheese and cream in a vegetarian dish. Staff is knowledgeable about the ingredients, so ask.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by catbone

SO MUCH FLAVOR - Edit

I am obsessed with this place. They have a TON of vegan options, including desserts. I ordered the Not Fish Tacos (asked for it to be vegan) and they were so flavorful and filling. I am thoroughly impressed with this restaurant. Also, their vegan brownie is probably the best I’ve ever had.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Vegan desserts , Knowledgable Servers

9 Vegetarian Options & great Margaritas - Edit

I went here for a birthday dinner. I recently moved back to my hometown after living in Long Beach the last three years. It is very hard to find a Mexican Restaurant with more than a few Vegetarian options here in Bakersfield and most are loaded with dairy. I ordered the Veggie Enchiladas with no cheese, sour cream or dairy. The waiter asked me if I would like to substitute the Pepperjack sauce for a green enchilada sauce. I really appreciate that the staff is knowledgeable about the ingredients and advise and offer alternatives! I would like to add that I tried the Mango Habanero Margherita, it was very unique, with the perfect balance of sweet & spicy! I will be returning soon!

Pros: 9 Vegetarian options, Exceptional Service

vegan options - Edit

The have several vegan options. The waitress was knowledgeable and also said the chef is working on new vegan options coming soon. If your in Bakersfield definitely check this place out.

Best in Bakersfield - Edit

The staff knew their stuff. We were treated amazing here. They made sure they checked in on us to see how we enjoyed the food. It's great tasting food and you don't fell like there is anything lacking because the flavors are so well matched and delicious

Pros: lots of great vegan options and even more for thos

Don't miss this restaurant, it's PHENOMENAL! - Edit

My husband doesn't even like Mexican food, and he just LOVED it! Both of us agreed, if you were to judge this place on just the Chips and Salsa alone, this place would get a standing ovation. I had to ask, and yes... they make their own chips here. But, the TRI-display of Mild Green, Pico de Gallo and Spicy Red SALSA is a real winner. What a spectacular opening! (Check out the snapshot.)
The beverages here are not just large, but oversized and delicious... AND are indicative of the generosity in TASTE, size and the FRIENDLIEST service...just ask Victor, the GM... he's on top of everything here. When he came by our table, we immediately mentioned to him how truly "nice" our waitress, Sabrina, was that evening. His quick response: "Yes, she has gotten 2 compliments tonight already!"
The upbeat, clean and most tasteful picturesque atmosphere (see photos) lends a quality to dining there that accents your experience with such lively candor (considering it's a Bar too) that you might even come here for just that quality. But, it's really the food we came for... and of course that's the real highlight!
I was delighted to discover the Vegetarian Subsection on the menu as I carefully followed the long trail of Vegetarian symbols that indicated numerous items that could be served Vegetarian (or even Vegan on some). I asked Victor who had thought of putting this Vegetarian Section on the menu and he told me it was the owner, Alejandro Ocampo. He quite proudly mentioned the many unique and artistic qualities of Alejandro, which are quite impressive and wisely business-oriented incorporations. BUT, NEVER ONCE did I get the inkling that any of Alejandro's motivations were solely "to make money." NO!
The feelings I keep coming away with as I take in the vast number of tiny details interwoven within the venue here are PURE QUALITY and the CONSTANT ESSENCE of giving EVERY GUEST in this establishment the most EXQUISITE AND EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE at a most MODEST dining price. These all-around qualities just can't be beat!
BUT... the food here is more than OUTSTANDING... IT'S ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! I had a hard time choosing, so Sabrina recommended the Soyrizo tacos and checked with the kitchen to see if they had the delicious-sounding Tomato Soup. Oh what a treat BOTH of them were for me.
I talked my "French Fry-Hating" husband into ordering them for me with his Veggie Burger and I couldn't steal them away from him fast enough! In fact, only two bites into my first taco and he warned me to "hurry up" and have a few more French Fries because he was going to "finish them!" Wow... I have NEVER gotten that warning before! Now that's the HIGHEST SINCERE COMPLIMENT I've ever heard come out of my husband... Really!
I am laughing because it's the middle of the night and I am sneaking out of bed to eat the double portion of refried beans we special ordered with my husband's extra Veggie Burger "to go". They had a special "BOGO 1/2 off 2nd Burger or Torta" tonight (and yes, I'm sure they even bake the bun themselves it's SO HUGE!). As I was gingerly closing the clamshell box on my husband's extra Veggie Burger tonight, I did a double take-- cleverly hidden and turned away from the front of the box-- yep, 3 little bites missing from his Veggie Burger, it never even made into the refrigerator unscathed.
Why is this funny? After he told me he was too full to share the Flan I ordered for dessert, I offered him a taste before I started to eat it... then he proceeded to eat 3/4 of it only because I couldn't keep up with his bigger bites. When we got into the car, he got mad at ME because HE ate too much. Now I find THREE bite missing from his Veggie Burger. I guess I don't really have to tell you the food is excellent here, do I? Surely, my husband's ACTIONS speak LOUDER than any of my words...!

Pros:

Pros: The Phenomenal FOOD!, The QUALITY and Atmosphere, The EXTRAORDINARY VALUE!!!

Cons: NONE AT ALL

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Camino Real Kitchen and Tequila closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.