First Review by cutejams2004

Yum Vegan Laksa! - Edit

I really liked this place. Loads of vegan options. Lots of soy based mock meat. Large selection. Reasonably priced. I had the vegan laksa and a chicken drumstick. The laksa also came with the choice of a drink, so I had a soy milk with black jelly.

I will try a few other places while in KL, but I think this is going to be my 'go-to' place.

Staff were really nice too.

They have a mini market where you can buy biscuits, veg noodles, mock meats, veg packet meals, tea, drinks and other things.

I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Large selection of vegan options., Friendly staff., Reasonably priced.

Cons: There were none for me.

Clean and good - Edit

The have a lot of, a little pricey, mock meat dishes and less options whit out (at least on the menu). The taste was good - one of the mock meat even to much like meat for my taste. But one of the noodles where not completely cooked. In an Italian restaurant I would say it is to much 'al dente'. When I was there, the small shop just had some heavy packed mock meat and creams - a long whit a lot of tofu.
If you are close by, this restoran is definitely a place to go. But not worth a long journey.

Pros: clean, mock meat

Cons: mock meat

Nice little place, diverse menu. - Edit

This was a great little stop right around the corner from the Citrus Hotel, where we are staying. They have a wide variety of mock meat options. We had the Chicken with Chili which was top notch. Less impressed with the veggie dish we ordered, which was drowning in oily sauce. They start you off with some delicious chips, which is a nice touch. On the whole, we enjoyed it enough to return, that's for sure. It's open 7 days from 11 am-11 pm.

This is directly on Putru Street, and not on Thamboosamy as listed above. They also have a nice little store with tons of mock meats, cookies and the like. Beware that they do use honey in cookies and perhaps even some dishes. Ask. No eggs or dairy though. It is not cheap by Malaysian standards, but hardly expensive. Portions come in small, medium and large, but the small is plenty for two people. We shared three dishes between the two of us and there was even some left over.

Pros: Clean, friendly staff, big portions

Cons: oily dishes

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cameleon Vegetarian Beancurd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3157 times since Mar 2008.