The Cambridge House Brew Pub

( 1 review )
860-653-2739

357 Salmon Brook St, Granby, Connecticut, USA, 06035

Serves meat, vegan options available. Brew pub and restaurant offering an assortment of craft beers and pub fare but with vegan options, including vegan cheese for pizza, veggie chili, portabella wrap (say no cheese) - ask server for suggestions. Hosts open mic and live music - see webpage for calendar. Open Tue-Wed 11:30am-12:00am, Thu-Sat 11:30am-1:00am, Sun 11:30am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by MaribethAbrams

Homemade Vegan Food at a Brew Pub - Edit

We came here for a beer and were shocked (in a good way) to see a tempeh appetizer (tempeh-rations cakes with "vegan roulade") so we decided to order it even though were weren't hungry and we loved it. We will go back to try the other vegan options - WHICH ARE CLEARLY LABELED AS VEGAN - a portabella mushroom entree, an Asian-inspired vegan burger, Daiya cheese for the pizza, veg chili... It's unusual for a brew pub to have so many vegan options so we are very excited as we live nearby.

Pros: Several vegan options, All are clearly marked as vegan, Creative, more than just a veggie/hummus wrap.

Cons: Loved the band but too loud

2 Responses

ScottRiley 13 Feb 2017 - Thank you so much for the nice review! I am so glad you found us. We are working on our spring menu, is there anything you would like to see on the new menu?

MaribethAbrams 23 Feb 2017 - Thanks for your inquiry! I recommend keeping the vegan chili, and adding a homemade vegan burger to replace what I think might be a frozen pre-packaged veggie burger. Also, definitely keep the Daiya shredded cheese, but get the mozzarella (white) kind instead of the cheddar (orange) kind because customers are accustomed to having mozzarella on their pizzas instead of cheddar. The mozzarella also works totally fine on nachos even though it's white. I also recommend adding an actual menu item called something like "vegan nachos supremas" or simply "Vegan Nachos" - chips, daiya cheese, vegan chili, guacamole, etc. Finally, consider Buffalo Cauliflower as an appetizer. Here is a recipe that you can probably easily adapt: http://www.peta.org/recipes/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/. One last idea that would be great is a thai veggie noodles (with or without tofu) entree. THANK YOU so much for asking for my input, and for having such an awesome brew pub!

Return to Granby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cambridge House Brew Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.