Cali Restaurant

Contact 714-531-5142

15691 Brookhurst St, Westminster, California, USA, 92683

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Vietnamese restaurant and bakery offers a vegetarian list of items on its menu. Items such as tofu and lime chili, vegetable rice noodle soup, and Hue vermicelli. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Category: Take-out, Bakery, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Kiwi Watson

Orange County Late Night Eats - Edit

This place was conveniently open late (11:30 p.m on a weekday) in the evening while my friend and I were in the area and ravenously hungry. We headed down Brookhurst Street, parked and when we walked in, the host seated us right away. Cali Bakery Restaurant does serve omni dishes but they also offer hearty vegan and vegetarian dishes among its own part of the menu. I ordered a veggie soup (pho) with vegan ham and tofu. Spritzed a bit of lime on there, dunked the broccoli, bean sprouts and carrots in with the noodles and steaming, savory vegan broth. Immediately, I felt soothed and comforted by the warmth of the soup and grounding of the ingredients. My friend ordered a sumptuous veggie fried rice. Which was also delicious. Upon completing our meals, I ordered a tarot, red bean and coconut milk dessert. I could not bring myself to finish it. It was served in a 16 oz cup and was even more filling than the two meals combined! Do be informed, however, this restaurant is run by a traditional Vietnamese family. What I mean by this is: based on my travels in Vietnam, customer service has a very different meaning there. Don't expect typical westernized corporate service. They keep it real here and that is part of the charm. Overall, we enjoyed our experience at Cali Bakery Restaurant.

Pros: Hearty portions for good value, A fair amount of veggie dish options, Open late

Cons: Small aquarium tank housing gold fish, Would like even more veggie options! :D

Return to Westminster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cali Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 646 times since Feb 2014.