Caldera Tap House

( 1 review )
+1 541-482-7468

31 Water St Ste 2, Ashland, Oregon, USA, 97520

Serves meat, vegan options available. Craft ales & lagers and food. Menu has vegan options including appetizers, a chilli and a vegan bbq sandwich. A few vegetarian items can be made vegan by omitting cheese and/or mayo. House-made rye bread is vegan.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by RainbowCosmicStarfire

Vegan Beers and a Designated Fryer - Edit

Okay, let's be honest with ourselves, we have all been at that restaurant that has one fryer for all sorts of foods, from chicken wings and clamari to french fries and onion rings, and we've all probably turned a t blind eye a time or two because we really wanted some tater tots. Well, you don't have to worry about that here. They have 2 fryers and one is reserved solely for their vegan options. So every fried item you would order here won't be fried in the same fryer as an animal product. I've eaten here twice, once just for a pint and a snack, and both times was not disappointed. The onion rings are VEGAN, made with a batter from their one Lawnmower Lager. The falafel was well portioned and delicious. All of their beers are amazing and Vegan!

Update 3/24/2018
I posted this review yesterday and had to update after stopping by last night for a small bite. This time I got the Rasta Tostada without the cojita cheese. It was so appetizing! Features 2 corn tostadas layered with black beans, peppers, and cabbage. Topped with a house made salsa that unites the dish perfectly.

I spoke with the manager/chef here and he said that he tries to make most of their vegetarian dishes vegan-based, so that they can easily be made vegan with the o mission of one or two ingredients. He said that was important to him as someone whom eats a primarily vegetarian diet. Will definitely stop in here again the next time I'm in town.

Updated 3/25/2018
Stopped there one last time last night. I can't help it, the food is good, as are the beers!
I wanted to add this update because I got talking to the staff and apparently their Bloody Mary Mix is VEGAN! I wanted to let others know that because I know how hard it is to find a place that doesn't use Worcestershire sauce in their mix.
Had a curried zucchini soup that was so good! Also, tried the burrito w/o cheese and man was it filling!

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-24

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Vibes, Great Staff

Return to Ashland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caldera Tap House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.