Calabash Shop

Contact 556-5222

63 Tianxiang 2nd Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 813

Pay-by-weight buffet offering 35-40 cooked dishes. Featuring 8-10 different green vegetable dishes, along with dishes of sprouts, seaweed, roots, gourds, beans, tofu, mushrooms, and noodles. A special glutinous rice with mushrooms is available, in addition to the usual white or brown rice. No MSG. Family owned and operated. Next to Love River pedestrian/bike path, in Zuoying District. Easy to spot by English sign and attractive photos outside.

Category: Chinese, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by DuncanChui

Lots of options but I don't like it - Edit

It's a typical Taiwanese vegetarian buffet with lots of oily vegetables you can choose from. Actually not that bad but I had a small cockroach on my broccoli which wasn't nice at all! Nothing special about this restaurant and I probably wouldn't go there again.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 10, 2015

Pros: Great variety

Cons: Cockroaches, Oily food

Best Vegetarian food in Kaoshiung - Edit

Food the price, the choices, free tea, free soup, this is the best vegetarian restaurant in Kaohsiung. I've eaten A LOT of different vegetarian food throughout the island and this is the best one. They have over 40 dishes and different varieties of vegetarian food! I love it! I come here at least 4 times a week. Come try it!!!

Pros: Great tasty food, Cheap, lots of choices

Cons: location

Return to Kaohsiung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Calabash Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1094 times since Aug 2010.