CLOSED: Cake Break

• Bakery

Contact 302-260-9264

7 S First St (at Andrew St, next to Annie's Bananies), Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, USA, 19971

Cupcake company that also offers a couple vegan cupcake flavors like chocolate and banana chocolate chip, both made with buttercream or chocolate icing. Also serves breakfast sandwiches, coffee, smoothies. SHUT DOWN MAR 2014.

First Review by sgoodmanesq

Amazing vegan cupcakes! - Edit

We stumbled upon this place looking for Annie's Banannies but it happened to be closed. I'm glad we stopped next door because they happened to have some vegan and gluten free options. They had some vegan muffins and cupcakes. Everything was fresh, hand crafted and delicious! They have white or chocolate vegan cupcake options with a butter cream or chocolate frosting. We chose white cake with chocolate as they warned the butter cream would melt in the heat. The cupcake was super rich and dense and had a really unique flavor. The staff was super friendly and the prices were fair.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 14, 2012

Pros: friendly, super yummy, fair pricing

Great place - Edit

I had two cupcakes (chocolate and vanilla, both with chocolate icing) while on vacation in Rehoboth Beach, DE, and I was very happy I did. The chocolate icing was very rich and delicious, and the cupcakes were very moist. I actually wish I had bought a few more, but since I wasn't sure how they would be, I didn't. The staff also seemed friendly. The price wasn't too bad ($3 per cupcake.)
I will definitely have to stop again when I am back at Rehoboth.

Just make sure to ask which flavors are vegan when you go there, since not all of them are.

I just wish there were more vegan options. Not all of their food is vegan. However, despite this, it is definitely worth a stop in :) Honestly, I think these are the best vegan cupcakes I've had :).

Pros: delicious, friendly staff, moist cupcakes

Cons: needs more vegan options

Great Vegan Cupcakes! - Edit

Cake Break makes a bangin' chocolate cupcake. It is moist, dense and delicious - I've gotten it on multiple occasions with either chocolate or vanilla vegan frosting (made from coconut oil). It is a fantastic cupcake, vegan or otherwise. They also make a vegan (and gluten free) blueberry muffin, which is also delicious, and the texture is pleasant - not overly dense or heavy like some gluten-free baked goods would recommend. The cupcakes are a little on the small side, but good for a snack and priced well for specialty baked goods.

Good cupcakes and muffins - Edit

Not an all vegan shop, but the owners make sure to have a couple of vegan items available every day. We had the blueberry muffin and vanilla cupcake. Both were very good. I would go back.

Return to Rehoboth Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cake Break closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1366 times since Jun 2011.