Caju

Contact 0422162858

2 rue Sainte Claire, Nice, France, 06300

A wholefoods cafe whose menu changes as the seasons do. Find vegan salads, botanical plates, cold pressed juices, smoothies, raw cakes, housemade soy and almond milk. Open Wed-Sun 10:30am-6:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Macrobiotic, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European

First Review by badvegancook

Delicious! - Edit

This place is amazing!
I had the vegan burger and the avocado/chocolate cake and it was delicious. The place is great, they play good music and the staff is very friendly.

Pros: Large menu, Friendly service, Beautiful decoration

Best in Nice! - Edit

I discovered this place thanks to happy cow.
The location is perfect, in the heart of the old town. The place is beaaaautiful, really cozy, everything handmade.
The owners are a young couple, very welcoming, nice, enthusiastic. They explain us all the products very well.
I ate with my mother and aunt who are meat eaters, so we tried a little bit of everything for them to know what options do we have as vegan and they both loved it!
Don't miss the desserts, extraordinaryyyy!!! Soooo tasty!!!!
They also sell vegan products and i think they do take a way.
Don't miss it if you are in Nice, best vegan place in town! :)

Pros: location, excellent food, very nice owners!

Cons: -, -, -

Lovely staff and super food! - Edit

We arrived rather late on a Sunday (around 5:30pm) and there were no savoury meals left so would advise you go earlier in the day if you want a proper meal on a Sunday! However we had cakes and smoothies, the chocolate avocado cake and PB mocha smoothies were incredible, a must try. Staff were super friendly and accommodating, could not recommend enough!

Friendly service and good food - Edit

We went here for lunch and was greeted by the two friendly owners.
Service was impeccable throughout our visit, and the food was good. Honestly I felt like the portions were quite small (especially with the price in mind) and we both ended up grabbing a sandwich straight after because we were still hungry.
We didn't address this to the owners which we probably should have at the time, but you should still go here for lunch - the food really was good (there just needed to be more of it).

Pros: good food, friendly service, cute decorations

Cons: small portions

Heaven - Edit

Great plant-based & homemade, authentic food.

Large menu with salads & burger. Superfoods game very strong. Huge beverage list with an extensive smoothie list.

Lovely French music playing.

Big, open bright space with rustic furnishings + cool art.

Owners a really lovely couple (a French guy + UK chick) - very chatty & genuine.

Pros: Extensive menu, Bright open large space, The beautiful owners

Cons: No breakfast bowls

A Nice Vegan Oasis - Edit

My wife and I were super thrilled to find a place like Caju in Nice. The location is great, in the middle of the old town, the atmosphere is excellent and the hosts adding their positive vibes to this cozy place make it a Nice oasis (pun intended) where you can recharge. The food was excellent and we fell in love with the smoothies made on the spot with all natural ingredients. We liked the food so much, we got some takeaway for our flight back home!

Keep up the good work, guys, and thanks for having us!

Pros: Food, Smoothies, Atmosphere

Cons: None, None, None

Cosy place - Edit

everything was great and owners were extraordinary friendy. Food was delicious. From the first moment you feel like you're a part of a family. The guy who took my order asked my name and ask that how ı want my meal detailed. And when my order arrived it was more than ı was expected. The prices benefit was very good. I recommend this place to everyone. Definetely stop by again

Short time - No problem - Edit

On our last day visiting Nice, we had heard about Caju and though we only had a few hours before the flight and the opening of the restaurant - we went to se if we could get some early lunch.

The owners were lovely enough to make the effort, smiling at us and being really friendly, even though they weren't expecting hungry people for another hour or so ^^

We got some amazing freshly made juice and a delicious burger meal. Kept us well fed for our flight back to Sweden.

If you are in Nice, you need to make a stop at Caju.

Thank you!

Victor / Moa

Pros: Friendly, Happy, Great Food

Mon coup de coeur - Edit

J'étais déjà venue tester, par hasard, Caju il y a quelques semaines. J'avais adoré l'ambiance, l'amabilité de Julien et Callie, et pour mon tout premier test de resto 100% vegan j'avais été conquise. J'avais testé un smoothie, une salade (azteque je crois) et une part de gâteau.

Aujourd'hui j'y suis retournée avec une amie. Encore une fois on a très bien été accueillies, Julien a toujours le sourire et une blague sous le coude, et la magie de Callie opère en cuisine. J'ai goûté cette fois ci le burger (délicieux! j'ai adoré le "patty" et le hummus à la cacahuète..), ainsi qu'une part de gâteau banane/amande.

Là encore... un sans faute.

Bravo et merci à vous deux de nous proposer une carte remplie de si bonnes choses. C'est vraiment une bonne adresse que je recommande.

Pros: Beaucoup de choix de smoothies et jus, Plats et de, atmosphère paisible, staff super gentil, accueilla, En plein vieux nice, facile d'accès

Cons: Pas trouvé encore

AMAZING DEFINITELY A MUST - Edit

Great food~ Great people~ Love the atmosphere Callie qnd Julien have created a wonderful space with a good selection on the menu: Callie has a unique touch in the kitchen providing tasty; filling meals with a greqt presentation. Juices and smoothies unique and tasty:

Pros: excellent food great selection, friendly hosts great atmosphere, good prices

Cons: wish they offered warm bowls

Vegan Heaven - Edit

I'm glad I had the opportunity to discover this restaurant in my last couple days in Nice.

Within minutes I knew instantly that this place was born out of passion and a lot of heart was put in their food quality, equipment and even decoration. All in combination create a unforgettable experience.

You have a very diverse menu which offers salads, soups, burgers alongside a long list of juices, smoothies and homemade milks, teas coffees, list goes on!

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this restaurant to everyone I know! I had an amazing time on both visits :)

Pros: Amazing food, Super knowledgable, Very friendly

Absolute gem in Nice old town - Edit

What a delightful surprise!!! Very good for taste, price and ingredients and friendly staff, just what a weary tourist needs.

I look forward to my next meal there.

Get out of the tram at Cathedral.

Pros: Ambience, Food , Flavour

Favorite vegan cafe in Nice! - Edit

If you're looking for healthy and delicious vegan options while exploring the French Riviera, this is your place. There was so much love in the food! Beautiful presentation, exquisite taste, and reasonable prices. The owners were incredibly friendly and welcoming as well. I will definitely be back, and next time I promise to bring my husband. ;) Thanks again! xx

Caju Vegan Cafe in Nice - Edit

I was in Nice recently and visited a newly opened Café/Restaurant [CAJU] in the old district. The food is imaginative, prettily presented, very, very tasty and reasonably priced. The atmosphere/ambience is restful and appealing and is supported by two friendly and always helpful young owners. I am not surprised that the Café is already busy and less surprised with the 5 star rating. Alfie.

Pros: Excellent and imaginative healthy food., Pleasant ambience and modern., Friendly owners and repeat customers

Filling and Healthy Lunch - Edit

Caju is the latest addition to Nice vegan scene. It's a bright and tastefully decorated place with a vintage feel and comfortable seatings (including a nice couch). The owners, Callie and Julien, are young, full of enthusiasm and warmly welcomed me on a late afternoon for lunch.

I had Caju's soup of the day, the Assiette Botanique and a decadent chocolate cake, all organic and raw. The menu is limited but carefully thought out. Also, it will change according to seasons and Callie, the chef, creative whims.

My soup (sweet potato, almonds and fennel) was creamy and tasty while my Assiette Botanique burst with flavours. I especially enjoyed the black beans balls with veggies, the guacamole toast and the sunflower/hemp dip. Delicious! The salads, zucchini spaghetti, quinoa and brown rice and fennel, were also pretty good, as was the cheese dip. My dessert was simply amazing, moist, rich and just sweet enough. Loved it. Their smoothies looked delicious as well, but I was way too full.

If you're craving healthy and nourishing food in a great atmosphere, don't hesitate to pay Caju a visit!

Pros: organic food, beautiful place, nice owners

Cons: a bit expensive but worth it, limited menu

Return to Nice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caju closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2108 times since Apr 2016.