CLOSED: Cafevegis

Contact 3475598

Mother Ignacia Cor Roces Ave, Moomba Plaza, Quezon City (at Moomba Plaza), Metro Manila, Philippines,

Cafevegis is a new vegetarian cafe serving both western and oriental style dishes with vegan options. JAN 2015 REPORTED SHUT BY COW MEMBER. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western

First Review by Light Dancer

Pretty unimpressed - Edit

I went here twice and the second time confirmed my initial lack of enthusiasm. Even though there are a good few vegan options, I don't actually find this place particularly vegan-friendly. It is a decent size and set up like a diner with tables and a few booths. The first time when I asked the waiter what was vegan he went and asked the chef and came back and pointed out four dishes. Another staff member soon clarified that there were more than this, but it made me uneasy that there had been confusion and I started not to trust what I was told. The first time we ordered three mediocre dishes, including a bland fried rice and two sweet mock-meaty things, one of them mock beef. I ordered a carrot and apple shake and, unlike almost all my previous experiences of fruit/vegetable shakes in the Philippines, it was almost as flavourless as water. There are several desserts on the menu, none of them vegan. I decided to give this place a second chance but my mind was not changed. I asked if the vege burger was vegan and it wasn't and no vegan option was offered. I ordered a mango shake, which wasn't that good and a similarly uninspiring tofu and vegetable dish. No inclination to go back.

Pros: Attentive staff

Cons: Menu dominated by non-vegan items

Nice veggie resto in QC - Edit

Serves mostly soy or gluten-based dishes, mostly veggie meat replacements. They continue to expand their menu so I think they'd be open to suggestions. The Bicol Express is nice and spicy. They also serve brown rice, but not whole wheat bread option. The menu could definitely use more creative options using pure vegetables.

There is a mini-grocery of frozen veggie meats from Taiwan, such as sausages, ham, chicken cubes and patties, salmon and shrimp. They also sell condiments, instant noodles, seasonings and a few other related items.

Very reasonably priced.

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Staff, Spacious

Cons: Limited "pure vegetable" menu options

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafevegis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1439 times since Nov 2011.