CLOSED: Cafeto

Contact 442-204-5300

Fray Sebastian de Aparicio, Unit 48 (at Fray Pedro de Gante), Queretaro, Mexico,

Vegetarian restaurant serving falafel, burritos, salads, and daily specials. Drinks include smoothies, coffee, milkshakes; has soy milk option. NOV 2015 REPORTED SHUT BY TRUSTED COW MEMBER. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mexican

First Review by ThaVeganDread

Best Veg Café in town! - Edit

My name is Zyanya O'Neill. I was looking for a Veg restaurant for my birthday, and I found HappyCow to be the best guide! I live in Queretaro, which is considered a "small" city compared to the capital (2 million vs 20 million); therefore, it is a bit of a conservative city, even if our main economy relies on tourism thanks to our beautiful Colonial Period Baroque architecture. So, that's why I was so shocked to find 4 Veg places here! Socially, being a Veg in Mexico was such a struggle until I found this site!

Cafeto is an oasis for Vegs in a carnivore Mexico. It is a cozy little café-restaurant adapted inside of a small house. They have the living room area adapted to be the café, with its own modern kitchen and a separate washroom in a beautiful back patio. It is cozy because it fits 4 tables, so no more than 10 people at a time.

The food is simply scrumptious, amazing!!! And the prices? My goodness, the priciest item is 4-5 dollars! And you get such quality, such value for your money. Pure love put into it.

The service is top quality. It is tended to by the owners, a couple who are Veg themselves, so no doubting if their food is really Veg or not. I mean they go the extra mile to get Veg chorizo (typical Mexican sausage) made of soy! Not pork! Tried it myself. Delicious!

A plus is that they're English Speakers, so fellow Vegs in the world, fear not if you don't speak Spanish.

And the décor. Oh my goodness. Cozy little tables with relaxing couches. And everything (music included) in a Jazzy/Parisian style. It is obvious the paintings are handmade by local artists, as are the walls' details are done by hand too.

I went with a Veg best friend who was very pleased as well. Best thing is that my carnivore party, that is my boyfriend and my other best friend, were as pleased with the deliciousness of the place. So it is truly for all!

We have a lot of East-Indian people coming to Queretaro for business making; funny that we ran into one who was precisely looking for a Veg place. He too was very pleased with the opportunity that this oasis provides, with the true Vegginess of the place, the delicious food, the amazing service, that they speak English, and the fair prices.

Only Con: it's in a residential area, so a tad difficult to find.

I highly recommend this place. The other Veg restaurant I found in town is too pricy; and the other one is almost to-go, in a market. So if you're planning to enjoy your time, this is the place to be!!!

Pros: Excellent food, good value., Friendly staff, nice vibe., Amazing décor, stylish yet cozy.

Cons: A bit difficult to find without a car.

Great Intimate place to eat - Edit

I am pretty resourceful when it comes to looking for good Vegan food wherever I go, and I am soo glad to have found "Cafeto". The place was a little hard to find, but I am pleased to say once found the atmosphere is very intimate and cozy. That might be due to that the owners have the place located in their home, which provides a sense of comfort, the food was amazing the owners are vegetarian, but they can accomodate vegans as myself. If you are ever in Queretaro swing on through it will be worth it, and very inexpensive.

Pros: Good value, excellent food, friendly staff

Return to Queretaro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafeto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 820 times since Apr 2012.