Cafeteria-Trattoria Am Rathaus

• Veg-friendly
Contact +49-054121321

Markt 8, Osnabruck, Germany, 49074

Serves meat, vegan options available. Classic Italian trattoria, organic certified. Offers a vegan menu with pasta, tofu, and seitan dishes. Has also organic wines that are vegan suitable. Pasta is made in-house; gluten-free pasta is possible with 1 day advanced notice.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Jvegan12

I would go back. - Edit

The Cafeteria-Trattoria Am Rathaus has a cosy atmosphere and acceptable prices for organic food. I had a tea and a pizza for around 12€. I composed the pizza myself, but it was not really seasoned. Additionally, my knife was too blunt to easily cut the pizza. Fortunately, there was some salt and pepper on the table, and the pizza was eatable with the hands.

Cons: Not completely vegan

We will be back! :) - Edit

We were here for the first time a few months ago after hearing all kinds of great things about this place. And we were not disappointed! We loved the starter plate with all kinds of yummy food as can be seen on the pictures I uploaded. I had a seitan dish as a main course just to try it once, as I am usually not a fan of seitan. Unfortunately that had not changed but that is just my own personal taste. The atmosphere is great and cosy and there is a vegan menu. As we were there someone came in and made reservations for her birthday party. A great idea which I will remember for my next birthday! :) We were very curious about the pizzas as well. so we will have to go again soon to try them out. All in all a very nice place with nice food!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Vegan menu

That's not italian pizza, that's just dry dust... - Edit

I was yesterday with a friend at this location. When we entered the restaurant we were positivly surprised by the very nice ambietente. We ordered first an appetiser dish with a lot of different vegetables and rosemary bread. Really delicious! We eagerly anticipate the main course. We took both a vegan pizza. You can choose the ingredients of the pizza by yourself. It took a very long time till our pizza's arrived and then it ewas just a really big disappointment! The dough of the pizza was very dry and hard. It was very difficult to cut in pieces with your knife. Beside of that the pizza was very small and there was too little (almost nothing) of the melted yast (Hefeschmelz / cheese alternative) on it. I paid 15(!) Euro for that pizza. I think that it's great that a "normal" pizzeria offers an extra menue for vegans, but this relly needs improvement!

Pros: Nice ambiente, Central, Delicious appetiser dish

Cons: Terrible pizza, Expensive

lecker - Edit

Sehr gute Auswahl an veganen Gerichten. Alle drei bestellten Essen waren sehr lecker! Auch wenn veganen Gerichte erst seit Februar 2013 auf der Menukarte stehen ist das Angebot als vollwertig zu verstehen. Die Lage des Restaurants könnte besser nicht sein. Mensch sollte jedoch ein bisschen Zeit mitbringen, da es ein wenig mit dem Essen dauern kann.

Pros: für die Lage günstig, sehr lecker

Return to Osnabruck Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafeteria-Trattoria Am Rathaus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1173 times since Mar 2013.