Cafe Yumm - Broadway

Contact 541-344-9866

730 E Broadway, Eugene, Oregon, USA, 97401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick service restaurant chain in Pacific Northwest. Offers bowls, sandwiches, salads, wraps, and breakfast; has tempeh and tofu. Signature dish is Yumm bowl which comes with choice of brown or jasmine rice, beans, and topped with sauce, salsa, veggies, and dairy - ask to make your bowl vegan, and kitchen will substitute cheese/cream for avocado or veggies. Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by kindlizard

Ummmm, fine? - Edit

Cafe Yumm is a small-ish chain, with reliable vegan options. But it's just kinda underwhelming. Fine, and in a convenient location to the University of Oregon, but not a place I go out of my way to go to.

It's vegan and vegetarian friendly, but there are better options in town. I occasionally go here when I don't have the time to go back over to the west side for Cornbread Cafe.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: uninspired food

consistent and delicious - Edit

I was confident I'd find Cafe Yumm completely boring, but after a dozen visits, this place has become a family staple.
The food is consistently good. It is cheap. And the variety is novel.
Well done!

A+ - Edit

This place has the best atmosphere of all the Cafe Yumm! locations. Great for dining in or out. Menu includes rice and bean bowls, wraps, sandwiches, soups, veggie burgers and cookies. Great vegan options, you even get extra ingredients to replace the removed non-vegan ones.

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh food

Over it; staff talked about snot in food - Edit

This location used to be my go-to location when going to a Yumm! I think I am over it for good. When eating there close to closing one night, the staff was talking w someone who had a takeout order, later found out she was a co-worker who was off. They were discussing all too loud the disgusting, vile and illegal manners of retribution they have used in the past when customers piss them off. I had sent back my bowl bc they messed it up (not too uncommon there). I had to yell over that we were eating food and didn't want to hear about them putting spit or snot in people's food. I'd talked to the GM of all the Yumm!s, Dave, before about issues at the Willamette location, about them not wanting to remake a vegan order and merely wiping out the cheese and sour cream w remnants still there.

Luckily it is very easy to make rice and beans at home and I don't have to go to a Yumm! ever again.

Pros: creative sauce

Cons: shady practices by staff, not the first time, No Mas

Return to Eugene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Yumm - Broadway closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1238 times since Aug 2010.