First Review by Merryaurora

Plain, not interesting - Edit

I visited Cafe VS today for the first time. There are two different menus, Indian and Vietnamese.

The restaurant is from a bit distance from the centrum, but anyways quite near to the Vabaduse Väljak. The place seemed trendy and personal - a mixture of nightclub and Asian inter-decor. The place was big and consisted of several rooms and two floors, so it was easy to find a peaceful corner to enjoy the music playing at the background.

The staff spoke excellent English, smiled and were very happy to help to choose from the menu. You could see to the kitchen, which was a great bonus and ensured me that the sanity of the place was also taken care of.

I had to wait for my dish around 30 minutes, even though there was only few other customers on a Saturday afternoon. I chose from the Indian list Red Lentils (7,50 e) with naan bread.

My dish looked plain and was nothing special – lentil curry served separately from a tin bowl, a HUGE pile of naan and some side salad from a plate. I'm glad I didn't take the tofu salad, because the side salad didn't taste fresh and looked just... Sad. Naan was crispy but not oily, which was nice. The lentils were tasty since it was cold outside but there was not enough spices in my opinion. It was nothing special, tasted pretty much like vegetable broth...

I think that the quality did not match the price. I get so much better Indian food and experience with the same price from other Indian restaurants in Tallinn!

I don't think I will come again unless I urgently want to try some Vietnamese or will get started for the night with friends.

Pros: Trendy atmosphere and environment, Nice and sweet staff, Comfortable sofas and clean

Cons: Plain food, More vegetarian/vegan options needed!, A bit expensive

Return to Tallinn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe VS closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1287 times since Feb 2013.