Cafe Vogelfrei

Contact +4962143759504

C3, 20, Mannheim, Germany, 68159

Café Vogelfrei is a mostly vegan cafe offering in-house-made cakes, quiches, soups, pizza. Organic dairy milk is available only for coffee next to soy milk. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm, Sun 2:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, International, Italian, Bakery

First Review by Tara HD

Delicious - Edit

Die kuchen sind günstig (1.50-3.00€) und lecker schön süß aber nicht zu süß. Sie sind etwas alternativ denke sie sind oft rohvegan aber trotzdem sehr lecker. Die quiches habe ich noch nie probiert folgt aber bald

Pros: Günstig, Schnell, Lecker

Cozy Cafe - Edit

I have only gone to Cafe Vogelfrei once, but it is a great place to relax and hang out. I ordered a chocolate vegan cheesecake type thing, and to be honest it wasn't my favourite. The texture was a bit like jello, hopefully it was just a bad order.
Otherwise I would definitely go back to cafe vogelfrei!

Pros: great atmosphere, vegan cakes & food

Cons: bad chocolate cheesecake

Relaxed and friendly atmosphere - Edit

Roomy place to relax and have Food made with love and care. Super friendly and charming Service. Will come again when I get to return to the area.

Pros: Friendly service, Delicious food, Relaxed atmosphere

Loved it - Edit

Had a savoury tarte/quiche and then a coffee with a slice of cake and it was all very yummy. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and interior design. Very inviting and cozy.

Pros: good for sweet or savoury food

Very cozy place - overspiced food - Edit

Cafe Vogelfrei is a pretty nice place, very "grassroot" - I like the atmosphere and the program they offer (for example clothes-changing-partys). The food looks very good but is too salty (main dishes) or to sweet (the cakes). Still I like to go there - also as there are not so many other places that cozy and with vegan/vegetarian food.

Pros: cozy place, very nice service

Cons: use too much salt, use too much sugar

Favorite Spot! - Edit

The Vogelfrei is one of my favorite spots!
I really enjoyed this place!
The ambience is awesome, the owners a kind, cool and always caring.
Furthermore they offer a variety of great vegan food.
Quiche, cupcakes, cakes, soups and more.
Go there!

Yes, it is a Cafe ... - Edit

I've been to the Cafe "Vogelfrei" a few days ago.
The location is very pretty and must be chosen with a lot of love! :-)
The cakes and food look wonderful!
The hosts are really nice.

I used to eat a vegan cupcake but I have to say that I didn't like it that much :-(
It looked extremly tasty but was totally dry and just sweet.

Next time I will try the cakes and will hopefully be suprised by the great flavour :-)

Pros: Amazing location, Friendly hosts

Cons: Didn't like the cupcakes

Love it :)! - Edit

"Cafe Vogelfrei" is a cute, cozy little cafe close to the University of Mannheim. Its vegetarian and vegan dishes vary each day, you can always choose between mains, starters and desserts. Everything that I have tried so far tasted delicious, my absolute favorites are the vegan chocolate brownies and the vegan pasta salad. The staff is very nice and once in a while Cafe Vogelfrei hosts music gigs. The furniture is very retro and comfortable. The prices are resonable and affordable. It is my favorite cafe in this area.
I can only recommend it :)!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, cozy

Cons: sometimes small portions

Really cozy! - Edit

I fell in love with the Cafe Vogelfrei and the really nice owner.
There are different meals everyday (I especially love the carrot cupcakes that fortunately are made one day every week). Sometimes the offer is great and with large choice, somedays it's not sooo much. But everyday there's at least one little something that tastes good to everybody. You can just ask and they will give advises.

You can also buy trinket and buttons.

There are couches and chairs (even a rocking chair) and different books or comics you can read there or little games for kids.

It feels and looks like a living room and I could sit on the couch and drink hot soy chocolate and eat brownies all day long ... ^^

Pros: cozy, comfortable, varied

Cons: self-service, no regular menu

Very nice atmosphere - Edit

Unfortunately, the Rhine-Neckar area (Mannheim-Ludwigshafen-Heidelberg) offers very little for vegans when it comes to eating out. So this cafe is a very welcome addition for me. It's a lovely place, very comfortable, and with a very friendly owner and staff.
They offer a daily soup, quiches, sometimes pizza, always with vegan options, and a great selection of cakes, most of them vegan (only the cheesecake is not).
So far I've tried a soup, a quiche and a cake. I liked the soup and it was good value too - EUR 3,50 for a very large bowl. The quiche was OK but I'm not generally a great fan of quiches. The cake (sponge cake with berries and a kind of "tiramisu" cream) was rather mediocre though. The dough was very dry, the cream rather flavorless. I'll try another cake next time.

Update: I've tried different cakes there by now and I didn't really like any of them. (Updated from previous review on Saturday April 07, 2012)

Pros: mostly vegan, very friendly staff, very comfortable place

Cons: small selection of food, cakes not so yummy

Return to Mannheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Vogelfrei closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2895 times since Mar 2012.