Cafe Vida

Contact 59165148304

Calle Sagarnaga 219, Galeria Chuquiago (at Calle Murillo), La Paz, Bolivia,

Vegetarian restaurant in the middle of the tourist street Sagarnaga, since May 2015. Vegan except for honey. Serves healthy meals, has raw cakes and smoothies. Some dishes are gluten free (except pizza), and there are gluten free option for the sandwiches. No soy meat. Offers a soup-of-the-day-buffet with bread and different types of hummus, eat as much as you'd like. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-7:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Western, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by MichelleBoonstra

Very nice coffee shop - Edit

I only went once to Cafe Vida as I was only passing through La Paz, but it was an amazing experience. I liked the way the coffee shop is designed. It is influenced by various European coffee shops. Places like that are hard to find in South America. The owner is really nice. We had some great conversations together. Cafe Vida has lots of vegan options, which made it hard for me to decide what to eat :) The food itself and the coffee were both delicious. So all in all I can only recommend this place.

Pros: Delicious food, Excellent customer service, Very nice and relaxed atmosphere

Cons: /

super pretty space and even prettier food! - Edit

Just stopped by yesterday to grab some desserts - the staff was just finishing up making the cakes, which looked amazing, but I took some energy nut balls to go and they were delicious. (both were peanut and Brazil nut blends, one with cacao and one with coconut, 7 bolivianos each or $1). The prices seemed a little more expensive than standard in Bolivia but the food was seriously beautiful. The space is open, with wifi, and is located in one of those gorgeous old homes in downtown La Paz with central courtyards. Will definitely go back!

Update: Two weeks later, stopped by for an early dinner with my family. What amazing food! We ordered three different warm meals (chickpea stew, arepas/corn tortilla with guacamole and quinoa 'meat', and a green minipizza) and a sandwich, plus drinks and desert. All of it was so delicious - and ultimately we paid about the price one pays at a nice restaurant in La Paz for five people, about 230 bs ($35 as of July 2016). Kid-friendly space too, which was so appreciated as my kids were happy and jumping around at times.

My only wish is that the menu were written in Spanish as well, so that locals who stumbled upon it would feel just as welcome. Will definitely go back again and again - what a treat to have this place in La Paz! We are extremely lucky. Changed my review to 5 stars. ;)

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-01

Pros: Beautiful food, Friendly staff, Nice Vibe

Cons: Maybe slightly expensive, by bolivian standards

Amazing - Edit

After what seems like forever without a decent vegan cafe I was so happy to find this place thanks to happy cow. I had to go twice, haha. The soup of the day with bread and hummus was delicious, also tried the vegan mini pizza, the chick pea stew, the green smoothie and a chai spice smoothie. Yum yum yum, off back tomorrow and I can't wait.

Pros: Good choice, some of the smoothies have honey but

Cons: No cons

Great vegan food - Edit

I was so happy that we found this place! The food was delicious and healthy. And the drinks were awesome too. I went twice, but would have gone there more if I had the time. Would have loved to taste more! And as a bonus the place looked nice and fresh , and the staff was friendly.

Return to La Paz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Vida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.