V-Cake Cafe

Contact +49-1749061634

Rothenburger Strasse 14, Dresden, Germany, 01099

Vegan cafe and bakery serving an assortment of cakes, muffins, cookies, plus sandwiches, soup, quiche, and soft ice cream. Food is made-in-house. Drinks include coffee, tea, matcha latte, hot chocolate, and lemonade. Has a wide variety of non-dairy milks. Chili served on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Bakery

First Review by HappyFish

Excellent! - Edit

We went there twice during our Dresden trip because we loved the cafe so much. Cozy atmosphere, very friendly staff and the cakes - oh so delicious! Absolutely recommendable.

Pros: Excellent cakes, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff

Lovely cafe - Edit

This cafe looked lovely, with a stack of board games and mismatched furniture. We didn't have time to stay, unfortunately, so we just got takeaway. And it was delicious! We had a tub of pasta salad, which was really flavoursome and filling. There was an incredible selection of cakes, so we shared a slice of chocolate speculoos cake. It was sublime! Sometimes chocolate sponge can be quite dry, but this was really moist and delicious.

Pros: Great cake

Lovely cafe atmosphere! - Edit

Coming from Berlin, I'm a bit spoilt when it comes to vegan cafes, but I was still pleasantly surprised by this place. Although the tea, vegan cake and chilli we had were excellent, the nicest part for me was the cosy atmosphere and comfortable furniture.

Pros: Lovely, cosy atmosphere

Amazing Cake! - Edit

We are there very often. It´s our favorite vegan place in Dresden.
The cakes are delicious and also the dishes for lunch are amazing.
If you want to eat a really god cake you have to go there.
Even if you are not vegan! :-)

Pros: Taste, Prive, Offer

Very good value for money - Edit

I have to say, in the past month I have been doing quite a lot of cake testing all over Germany ;) The cake I ate at V-Cake was honestly one of the best! I had chocolate, banana, nougat cake, very good. They had a lot of cakes to choose from.
I think you get a big, filling piece for a good price! (mine was 3.30 I think).
I also had a hot chocolate with whipped cream. The whipped cream was really good but I was a little bit dissappointed by the hot chocolate, didn't taste chocolatey enough for me.

Pros: Big pieces, reasonable prices, Yummy cakes!, Much choice

Amazing cakes! - Edit

We went there on our last holiday with two omnivore friends who live in the area and certainly didn't regret our choice.

I have to say I was very surprised when I tasted the creamy layer some cakes consist of. It was absolutely delicious, not too sweet and the consistency is amazing, I would be very interested to get the recipe of that cream. My cake - a banana and chocolate cake - unfortunately didn't have a creamy layer, but was excellent, too.

Even our omnivore friends were surprised that vegan cakes can taste like cakes with animal ingredients (I guess they didn't believe us before), so I hope they'll pay a visit now and then, so that this lovely café keeps going. We certainly will when we're in the area again.

The café isn't very large, so if you want to be sure to get a table, book one in advance!

Pros: very tasty cakes, cozy atmosphere, good selection of cakes

Cons: no table service

best cake I have had - Edit

I went to this adorable little cake shop every day of my trip. This is the best cake I have ever eaten, and I eat a lot of cake. I am in love with the cream they use to top their cakes. It is absolutely delicious and not overpoweringly sweet like many frostings I eat. They serve different cakes everyday as well as tarts, sammiches in a to go case, and some candy bars. My dad was really happy to see that they sold cliff bars. The staff is friendly and recognized me when I kept showing up and raving about their cakes. They also serve coffee, tea, and lattes. Definitely do not miss this place.

Pros: BEST CAKE , cute shop

Great Place, Great Prices - Edit

Unfortunately, this was the last place we visited on our Dresden tour, otherwise we definitely would have stopped by more often. Tasty sandwiches, tasty cakes, delicious coffee, what else do you need? ;) You can also take-away your food or have some ice cream to go. In addition, we were surprised how much we got for little money.

Pros: Great Food, Cozy Place, Good Prices

Nice - Edit

Location is really nice. Lovely furniture and Dekoration.
Unfortunally there were only 3 cakes to choose from. All 3 cakes were chocolate cakes. I expected more in a vegan Café with this size.
Staff touched cake with her fingers.
Nevertheless the cake was simple it was delicious!
They also have a lot of vegan bars (RAW bite etc) and a Sandwich and one warm lunch

Pros: a lot of seats

Cons: not much cake options

So many wonderful cakes... - Edit

There were so many wonderful cakes to choose from that it boiled down to a hard decision, but we eventually went for the red currant cream and the chocolate brownie cake. Both proved to be utterly delicious treats.

Pros: Very warm and friendly atmosphere and service

Delicious and cosy - Edit

This is the cafè everyone would like to open in her life...... it is just perfect. From the choice of the cakes - from decadent to simple - to the details of the dishes and the furniture from the flea market that makes the atmosphere very cosy. Also the choice of the teas is special. And, very important, there are also cakes with no margarine - for the ones like me that refuse palm oil and or hydrogenated fats. Almost forgotten, the cakes are of course delicious..... and also not expensive.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 06, 2013

Pros: Deliciuos cakes, Cosy atmosphere, 100% vegan

cake love - Edit

I went there with a friend and we were glad we found a seat, because this place is crowded at the weekend. The cakes are almost unreal - some are plain simple like brownies, some are extraordinary like cherry cream or Manner (vegan waffles) cream cake. It is also one of the few places that sell macha latte.
It's a cosy place where you can spend some hours, eat and drink or have a quick read through one of the books that are displayed on the shelves.

Pros: cakes!, delicious

Cons: self service with long waiting time

Very cool little vegan joint - Edit

I really enjoyed this little vegan haven in Dresden. Has a quaint setting and selection of light food and cakes.

Pros: Affordable, Comfortable, Tasty

Cons: Only serves light food

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has V-Cake Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4792 times since Aug 2013.