Second location in Saint Petersburg, opened Nov 2013. Offers vegetarian and raw food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Raw, Western, Juice bar

Kim85
Kim85

great food!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2016

Good quality vegan food, good location, nice atmosphere and staff. Reasonably priced, highly recommended.

Eric Rem
Eric Rem

A little bit pricy

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2016

On my first evening in the city I ended up dining here, because it looked like an okay place, not too far from my hotel. The options on the menu were enough to choose from, the staff was friendly and spoke English, and the atmosphere was pleasant, although it was a bit quiet. I didn't sit very comfortably, I must say, because the seats were too high for the table. Then I looked at the other tables and seats (they all have different set-ups), and most looked out of balance: either too high, or too low. Not the best place to spend a long evening.
Anyway, I came here for dinner. My choices were available, tasted well and looked like they were prepared with care. But as stated by others, the portions weren't very generous. And when you look at what you pay, compared to other vegetarian/vegan places in this city, this one is at the high end of the price range. Nevertheless, my bottom line verdict is that it was a nice meal.

Pros: Good tasting food, Plenty of options on the menu, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Uncomfortable seats, Small portions, Pricy
Sylvane
Sylvane

Nice restaurant, tasty food, vegan options

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2015

Very nice restaurant. Food is delicious, speacially the noodle with vegetables and mushrooms. The waistresse is very kind and speaks english. English menu. Vegan options and vegan deserts. Confortables chairs and nice atmosphere. For french or english people, the prices in this restaurant are cheap. We use to eat for 15/20 euros per dish in Paris and here it's only 4 euros ! We tried several restaurants in Saint-Pétersbourg and Ukrop is our favorite for ambience, delicious food and cheap price. Take away is possible.

Très bon restaurant dans le centre de Saint-Pétersbourg. La cuisine est délicieuse, nous avons particulièrement apprécié les spaghettis aux légumes et champignons. Les serveurs sont très gentils et parlent anglais. Carte en anglais. Choix de plats et desserts vegan. Atmosphère agréable et fauteuils confortables. Pour les français ou les anglais, les prix de ce restaurant sont TRES avantageux. Nous sommes habitués à payer un plat 15/20 euros à Paris, ici cela coûte seulement 4 euros !
Nous avons essayé plusieurs restaurants à Saint-Pétersbourg et Ukrop est notre préféré pour l'atmosphère, la nourriture savoureuse et les prix avantageux. Vente à emporter également.

Pros: inexpensive/moderate, fast / english menu / kind waistress, delicious food / nice ambience
Cons: small portions

• non-vegetarian

“Ukrop Summer”, vegetarian café

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2015

“Ukrop” – is a remarkable place in Petersburg. A café with a singular vegetarian cuisine, unique interior design with restful and cosy atmosphere. In two years “Ukrop” florihed into three cafes and each of them has its own concept and individuality.

The interior of “Ukrop Summer” at 14th Malaya Konushennaya St., ambience is inspired by a summer house. There are even real swings that remind the pleasant summer time.

The three cafes are different but have similar original vegetarian dishes, cheerful interiors and a changeless warm welcome.

Minni
Minni

Don't go

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2015

I have to agree with the previous comment. We came here only to find that from the menu's 3 vegan choices (yes, only 3...) two weren't available. So we ended up having the only available vegan option: noodles with nothing else. Seriously, the most disappointing meal in my whole trip to Russia. Don't go.

Cons: almost no vegan options, expensive for the blah food, incompetent staff
aspara-gus
aspara-gus

tiny portions make this a no-go

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2015

I'm surprised and disappointed this place has received so many positive reviews from vegans. Did these fellow vegans not notice that 75% of the menu was not vegan, and that many of the items marked as vegan contained milk or honey?!

Waiting time was painfully long and when the food finally arrived the portion size was ridiculously tiny. A big eater like myself would need at least 10 main courses to be full.

Food was not bad but considering what one would have to pay to get full this is not a place I would ever go back to.

Pros: English menu, good tasting food
Cons: tiny portions, slow service, vegan menu items not vegan
ellasharp
ellasharp

Reliable place to find vegan food in St Petersburg

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2015

I went here a few times while visiting St Petersburg for two weeks. The atmosphere is nice and the menu is in both English and Russian with vegan options clearly marked. The pumpkin gnocci (on the seasonal menu) was really good and the chocolate lemon dessert was amazing. The cherry dumplings are an interesting Russian dish if you want something sweeter. Portions are small, so if you're hungry you may want to order 2-3 items.

jsparrow
jsparrow

Definitely worth a visit while in St Petersburg

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2015

Absolutely lovely spot. Really cosy decor, easy to find, friendly staff, and wonderful food. I went with two omnivorous family members and they enjoyed having vegetarian options.

I recommend the zucchini noodles and the lemon chocolate dessert!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, English menu, most of staff
Aliwg
Aliwg

great!

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

Friendly staff, free wifi, very cozy interior, English-friendly menu. Raw and vegan options, lacto items clearly marked. Juice bar.

Dear Aliwg,
    Our cafe Ukrop is very glad that you found our cafe as a nice place! Thank you for your response, it let us work with more love and become better every day!
    We hope to see you again!
    Thank you and have a nice day.
    Best regards,
    cafe Ukrop.

FinVeg
FinVeg

Nice raw food restaurant

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

We visited here two times. First time we ate warm quinoa and it was ok dish. Service was good.

The second time most of the raw food dishes was not available beacause of the warm weather. For that it took us very long time to order. Waitress was friendly and could explain what all of the dishes contains. We ate zucchini pasta with sun dried tomato sauce. Dish was very light but tasted good. For the dessert we had raw chocolate and raw nut cake. They were delicious.
Tea was too mild because they put so little tea leaflets for big bowl of water.

I wished to try other raw dishes. Maybe next time!

Pros: Raw food, Service
veggiebreeze
veggiebreeze

Outstanding!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I had raw kelp "pasta" with sun dried tomatoes in a tasty sauce, a carrot/beet juice and a piece of raw pie. All delicious. Total bill slightly less than $15.

If in St. Petersburg, you must see the Hermitage, and you must eat here!

Pros: Selection, Quality, Value
DaniM
DaniM

O U T S T A N D I N G !!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

This restaurant is just awesome and outstanding. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is like brand new designed. It creates a genial and cozy atmosphere. You walk in and you just feel relaxed and that you are welcome. It atomizes a pleasant and warm aura and it's very bright inside or rather bright furnished.
But not to forget the most important part, the food. There i've had one of my most delicious vegetarian/vegan meals ever! The Zucchini-Noodles, mmhh...!

emahelena
emahelena

Raw in Russia - Ukrop

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

I knew and loved Ukrop in its first location on Marata but this new Ukrop is even better. Whereas the first cafe has a bistro-style format, Ukrop on Malaya Konyushennaya is like a restaurant with service and a more extensive menu. What a menu! I was stunned and delighted to find PLEnty of raw options including zucchini noodles with sundried tom sauce, raw pizza, raw pumpkin cheesecake..
the decor is light, green (of course) and they have a SWing! amazing. the food is delicious, the staff are lovely, the cafe even has its own customer-loyalty app which gives you discounts. the atmosphere of the place is lovely and its central location just off nevsky prospekt is ideal. Ukrop is a gift to St Petersburg!

Pros: raw food! , lovely atmosphere, excellent app
sovaria
sovaria

One of the best vegan places in St.-P

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

One of the most awesome vegan places in Saint-Petersburg! It has a great variety of vegan and raw foods, and also some for vegetarians as well. Vegans should be careful though, because some of raw cakes contain honey.
The food was very tasty and the atmosphere was really friendly and cozy. Prices are at about 200 rubles per dish level, so — not pricey. I highly recommend it to everyone vegan and looking for something fancy.

Pros: great variety of raw and vegan foods, not pricey, cozy and friendly atmosphere
Cons: no English menu
RebekkaClaire
RebekkaClaire

Cute Cafe

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

This place had a good range of vegan and raw vegan food (in addition to vegetarian). The cafe is a really nice place to just sit back & relax and is filled with lovely decor. Staff speak English & there is also an English menu. The food was reasonably good, however, lacked a bit of taste. This is after two appetizers and two mains so I don't think it was just an off meal. Regardless, it was still good & I would recommend to try as it might appeal to others!

Pros: Clean & Easy To Locate, Free WiFi, Excellent Service
Cons: Lacking Taste
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Haven for vegans

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

We enjoyed this cafe so much that we ate there twice during our visit. It's in a great location for tourists. The staff were very friendly and some of them spoke English. The cafe decor was really fun. The vegan menu items were clearly labeled and they had several raw dishes. I wasn't too impressed with the soups, but my partner seemed to like them. Everything else we tried was delicious, especially the sesame noodles and the quinoa. It was so great to find soy lattes. The price was reasonable, though not super cheap. Still, this was one of the few places near our sightseeing routes where we could get good vegan food. We were definitely glad to find it!

Pros: good value, friendly staff, vegan, raw options

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Ukrop II: