First Review by jencompgeek

meh - Edit

Limited vegan options high prices no English

Pros: food, atmosphere , many vegan options

Cons: expensive , small servings

Atmosphere is great - Edit

The main reason I like to go here is the atmosphere, it's nice to sit here for a while and talk to a friend. Food is good, although desserts are not my taste (except for the chocolate one). I like that meals aren't big because this way you can try more different options, but it costs more, of course.

Pros: Great atmosphere, nice location

Cons: Kinda expensive

great atmosphere - Edit

great food, great wine, great atmosphere, great everything.
the only thing was that the portions werent that big.

Cosy vibes & yummy food - Edit

I was excited to eat at this cafe because of all the good reviews, so when we got there I ordered quite a lot of things: the 'sea under a fur coat' salad (tasted good but a bit too hot from the onion(?) for my liking), the pumpkin soup (a simple yet delicious cream soup served with pumpkin seeds, nice to be eaten with brown bread) and the chocolate cake (very chocolate-y and the texture is great). I shared these dishes with my mom who got the ravioli with spinach filling (they have a delicate taste and were good paired with the salad).

Pros: many vegan options, cute and cosy interior

Cons: had to wait for quite a long time for the food, some items on the menu weren't available, big price for not so big portions

Excellent food! - Edit

Cozy place with amazing food!!! my taste buds were blown away:) there is a range of clearly marked vegan options to choose from and prices are not high, quite affordable.

Pros: Cozy and cute place, Fair prices

great menu, prices and atmosphere! - Edit

Cute cafe in central st Petersburg. Excellent menu with clear labelling of raw, gluten free, garlic, and milk products!
I highly recommend the beetroot soup and raw blueberry desert. But disappointed in the zucchini pasta with pesto... Was a bit bland. Very cheap prices, I enjoyed a soup, salad, desert, water, juice and great tea all for £15!

Great food, great place! - Edit

A very comfortable restaurant, stylish and friendly with great food. The waiters speak good English. The food is very affordable, and clearly marked vegan and raw.

The atmosphere of happiness - Edit

Very nice place with the atmosphere of happiness. They have a variety of smoothies and raw desserts. Try "Sea under a fur coat" if you eat onion, and also try pumpkin or carrot dessert.

Pros: friendly staff, the atmosphere of happiness, nice raw dishes

Cons: mostly raw dishes include onion or garlic

great food! - Edit

Good quality vegan food, good location, nice atmosphere and staff. Reasonably priced, highly recommended.

A little bit pricy - Edit

On my first evening in the city I ended up dining here, because it looked like an okay place, not too far from my hotel. The options on the menu were enough to choose from, the staff was friendly and spoke English, and the atmosphere was pleasant, although it was a bit quiet. I didn't sit very comfortably, I must say, because the seats were too high for the table. Then I looked at the other tables and seats (they all have different set-ups), and most looked out of balance: either too high, or too low. Not the best place to spend a long evening.
Anyway, I came here for dinner. My choices were available, tasted well and looked like they were prepared with care. But as stated by others, the portions weren't very generous. And when you look at what you pay, compared to other vegetarian/vegan places in this city, this one is at the high end of the price range. Nevertheless, my bottom line verdict is that it was a nice meal.

Pros: Good tasting food, Plenty of options on the menu, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Uncomfortable seats, Small portions, Pricy

Nice restaurant, tasty food, vegan options - Edit

Very nice restaurant. Food is delicious, speacially the noodle with vegetables and mushrooms. The waistresse is very kind and speaks english. English menu. Vegan options and vegan deserts. Confortables chairs and nice atmosphere. For french or english people, the prices in this restaurant are cheap. We use to eat for 15/20 euros per dish in Paris and here it's only 4 euros ! We tried several restaurants in Saint-Pétersbourg and Ukrop is our favorite for ambience, delicious food and cheap price. Take away is possible.

Très bon restaurant dans le centre de Saint-Pétersbourg. La cuisine est délicieuse, nous avons particulièrement apprécié les spaghettis aux légumes et champignons. Les serveurs sont très gentils et parlent anglais. Carte en anglais. Choix de plats et desserts vegan. Atmosphère agréable et fauteuils confortables. Pour les français ou les anglais, les prix de ce restaurant sont TRES avantageux. Nous sommes habitués à payer un plat 15/20 euros à Paris, ici cela coûte seulement 4 euros !
Nous avons essayé plusieurs restaurants à Saint-Pétersbourg et Ukrop est notre préféré pour l'atmosphère, la nourriture savoureuse et les prix avantageux. Vente à emporter également.

Pros: inexpensive/moderate, fast / english menu / kind waistress, delicious food / nice ambience

Cons: small portions

“Ukrop Summer”, vegetarian café - Edit

“Ukrop” – is a remarkable place in Petersburg. A café with a singular vegetarian cuisine, unique interior design with restful and cosy atmosphere. In two years “Ukrop” florihed into three cafes and each of them has its own concept and individuality.

The interior of “Ukrop Summer” at 14th Malaya Konushennaya St., ambience is inspired by a summer house. There are even real swings that remind the pleasant summer time.

The three cafes are different but have similar original vegetarian dishes, cheerful interiors and a changeless warm welcome.

Don't go - Edit

I have to agree with the previous comment. We came here only to find that from the menu's 3 vegan choices (yes, only 3...) two weren't available. So we ended up having the only available vegan option: noodles with nothing else. Seriously, the most disappointing meal in my whole trip to Russia. Don't go.

Cons: almost no vegan options, expensive for the blah food, incompetent staff

tiny portions make this a no-go - Edit

I'm surprised and disappointed this place has received so many positive reviews from vegans. Did these fellow vegans not notice that 75% of the menu was not vegan, and that many of the items marked as vegan contained milk or honey?!

Waiting time was painfully long and when the food finally arrived the portion size was ridiculously tiny. A big eater like myself would need at least 10 main courses to be full.

Food was not bad but considering what one would have to pay to get full this is not a place I would ever go back to.

Pros: English menu, good tasting food

Cons: tiny portions, slow service, vegan menu items not vegan

Reliable place to find vegan food in St Petersburg - Edit

I went here a few times while visiting St Petersburg for two weeks. The atmosphere is nice and the menu is in both English and Russian with vegan options clearly marked. The pumpkin gnocci (on the seasonal menu) was really good and the chocolate lemon dessert was amazing. The cherry dumplings are an interesting Russian dish if you want something sweeter. Portions are small, so if you're hungry you may want to order 2-3 items.

Definitely worth a visit while in St Petersburg - Edit

Absolutely lovely spot. Really cosy decor, easy to find, friendly staff, and wonderful food. I went with two omnivorous family members and they enjoyed having vegetarian options.

I recommend the zucchini noodles and the lemon chocolate dessert!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, English menu, most of staff

great! - Edit

Friendly staff, free wifi, very cozy interior, English-friendly menu. Raw and vegan options, lacto items clearly marked. Juice bar.

NikitaLao 01 Oct 2014 - Dear Aliwg,
Our cafe Ukrop is very glad that you found our cafe as a nice place! Thank you for your response, it let us work with more love and become better every day!
We hope to see you again!
Thank you and have a nice day.
Best regards,
cafe Ukrop.

Nice raw food restaurant - Edit

We visited here two times. First time we ate warm quinoa and it was ok dish. Service was good.

The second time most of the raw food dishes was not available beacause of the warm weather. For that it took us very long time to order. Waitress was friendly and could explain what all of the dishes contains. We ate zucchini pasta with sun dried tomato sauce. Dish was very light but tasted good. For the dessert we had raw chocolate and raw nut cake. They were delicious.
Tea was too mild because they put so little tea leaflets for big bowl of water.

I wished to try other raw dishes. Maybe next time!

Pros: Raw food, Service

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Ukrop II closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.