Cafe Trang

Contact 801-539-1638

307 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian food restaurant in a central location with upscale atmosphere. Several vegetable/vegetarian dishes. Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm

Category: Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by foti2472

Just ok - Edit

Not a huge fan of any of the Cafe Trang locations, not as many veg options on the menu as you may think and they're not clearly marked. It's difficult to figure out what you can and cant eat without asking about every menu item.

The things that can be veganized/vegetarianized don't taste super fresh and are very greasy. There are lots of better Asian food places in Salt Lake.

Cons: Greasy, Not super fresh, Options not clearly marked

Vegan options in Downtown SLC - Edit

Easy walk from my layover Marriott Hotel in downtown SLC. I went early, approx 5ish, as I was on my own and didn't want to be out after dark. As it was early there was only one other table occupied. Nice decor, kitzie Asian, but it worked for me. I liked the layout of the menu as it specified which dishes could be made with the tofu option, even listing vegan options as well. My entree portion served with a side of jasmine rice was more than enough, as I couldn't finish it all. The staff was very gracious. I tried the Thai ice tea, without cream, which I didn't like. Found it too sweet. Will definitely be back here again.

Pros: Vegan choices, Excellent food, Friendly servers

Cons: No raspberry iced tea

Hands down..the best overall! - Edit

I have precious memories of Cafe Trang from years past, however, this restaurant has earned its right in the 21st century. The decor is comfotable, classy, and clean. Hands down, the finest quality food with reasonable price. The front of the house staff (Anna) exceptional; William (not sure that's his name) may have been new. He was not too familiar with the menu, however Anna stepped in, guided our dining journey, and made our experience unforgettable!Try the Nutty Spring Roll (not sure that is the name of the roll but it is the one with the macadamia nuts and avocado)! We are Vegan and it is diificult finding restaurants that cater to our needs. CAfe Trang exceeded our expectations and everything about our experience was perfect.

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Trang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1417 times since Dec 2007.