CLOSED: Cafe Trang

Contact 435-655-8884

1811 Sidewinder Dr (at between Kearns and Poison Creek Ln), Park City, Utah, USA, 84060

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Asian restaurant in Park City offers a separate and extensive list of vegetarian dishes, most of which can be made vegan. Reported closed to HappyCow, Jan 2016.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Meggie and Ben

Yuck - Edit

When we first got to Cafe Trang, I was immediately turned off. It was small and low-lit, and the table and benches felt sticky. I found the vegetarian section of their menu, which was quite large, but realized that when they said vegetarian they meant pescitarian since a lot of the dishes had fish or oyster sauce on them (printed right on the menu!). I asked the waiter what could be made vegan and was surprised that even MORE of the dishes had fish sauce in them than listed on the menu! Thus the vegan portion of the menu was narrowed quite a bit.

So, after some searching, my husband and I decided on the La-Han Vegan and the Vegan Chicken with Broccoli. We got our dishes relatively quickly but I was not impressed at all. The La-Han Vegan dish was very greasy and over-spiced with hardly any vegetables and a ton of noodles. The Vegan Chicken with Broccoli was just plain awful. The 'chicken' was made from seitan and had a horrid spongy texture. It was topped with 'sauteed' green onions that were more like slimy wilted onions and then it had this absolutely terrible gravy that tasted like it was turkey gravy from a package. Then it had half-steamed broccoli and carrots around it. Ick! I was not too happy.

I didn't end up eating all of my food and THEN when the waiter came to get our plates he had the audacity to say something about wasting food and not eating it all!

In the end, the whole meal cost us $30.

Return to Park City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Trang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1131 times since Feb 2008.