• Cafe Thailand

• White Veg-options
Ovo
Thai
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food. Daily lunch specials. Could ask to make a main dish or a curry (red, green, massaman) vegan. Has vegetable tempura. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm.

Venue map for Cafe Thailand
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by SeitanSeitanSeitan

MagaliEledhwen

Points +2003

23 Oct 2023

Plenty of vegan options

Many plates listed as vegetarian can be made vegan (they will prepare them without fish sauce or oyster sauce). The food is really tasty.

jamie

Points +369

07 Apr 2023

Delicious vegan options

I had the tofu and vegetable green curry with jasmine rice, it was delicious with just the right amount of spice. The tofu was unseasoned, which is fine for me, but a new vegan might not be as excited about it. My husband had the veggie pad Thai, which he loved - be sure to mention no egg, maybe even no fish sauce

When we asked about vegan options, the server asked if fish sauce was ok, which always makes me a little nervous because, of course, it’s not and it makes me wonder if they know what vegan means. She said they could use soy sauce in place of fish sauce, but we just went with something more easily veganized. She was very nice.

GiselaVoyage

Points +802

25 Dec 2022

Positive Experience!

Any of the dishes in the curry, stir-fry, and noodle sections can be made vegan if you notify the server. I particularly recommend the vegan peanut stir fry and the vegan sweet-and-sour stir fry! The staff is also friendly and knowledgeable about vegan dishes and ingredients.

Purposely_Vegan

Points +1254

12 Dec 2022

Best Thai green curry outside Thailand!

Wished we had discovered this restaurant earlier. Highly knowledgeable on veganism and could veganise almost everything on the menu by using tofu and vegetables. The Thai green curry, garlic and chilli stir fry and coconut rice were all delicious!

wasabipea

Points +966

03 Oct 2022

Best Thai green curry

Best Thai green curry of my life. Creamy and delicious!!Spent 3 days on a diving liveaboard and was dreaming of it the whole time, had to go twice and didn’t disappoint 💚 have a well labelled vegan menu - the panang curry and stirfries were great too

ChunkyWombat

Points +972

01 Oct 2022

Thai green curry

Thai green curry - sooooooooo good! My girlfriend insisted we go twice (and let's put it this way I didn't try and argue!)

Kelly_c

Points +56

18 Jul 2022

Cheap and delicious

Any of the stir-fry or curry dishes can be made vegan (and gluten free) and the food was affordable and tasty. The decor is very basic but it was bustling, which I always think a good sign

PaigeFilia

Points +147

27 Apr 2021

Lots of option staff understand vegan

Positive experience with lots of option not listed after taking to staff

Pros: Staff understanding vegan, Fair few options

JessicaBrown

Points +156

13 Jul 2017

Yummy and cheap Thai food

Good place to go with omni friends. Lots of vegan options (just double check on the sauces). Large portions. I bring my own container to bring the leftovers home 😊

Nonbitingmidge

Points +33

17 Oct 2016

decent curry. staff not great.

The tempura and the 3 curries green, red and massaman are vegan although not listed as such in menu. Waitress knew what vegan was, but was quite brusque and rushed off before we got a chance to ask for drinks. It was very quiet when we went so the rush was a bit strange. Food was very nice.

Pros: curry tasted good

Cons: staff a bit brusque , not very willing to veganise stir fries etc

SeitanSeitanSeitan

Points +3072

09 Apr 2016

Great vegan option in Cairns

Restaurant has a vegetarian menu and you can have the vege curries vegan (and they have tofu in them). Especially green one was good! Little spicy, but not too much at all. But if you like your curry mild, go with the red or massaman. Cairns isn't the best vegan city, so this place was a life saver for us.